MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this really is the end for MGR and they go down the tubes, what will you guys do? Will you continue to buy and run used MGRs for as long as they remain economically viable and reliable every day transport, and then maintain them as classics beyond that, or will you simply defect to another brand next time around?

I dunno about you, but i'm more determined than ever to get a 75 CDTi as my next car, regardless of how this nightmare ends.

And a seperate thought - what'll happen to this wonderful community?

DD

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
:2c: :) yes i will run my 05 zr into the ground, then treat myself to an rv8, as for this community, i will continue to organise events for my many friends on here, even if i have to do it by telephone and ring everyone to invite them.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
For me nothing has changed. I still plan to get the 214 asap and the 600Ti or ZS180 will follow, arbeit, I will not be able to buy one brand new... :(

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Certainly still considering a TF to replace the Coupe next year.

Who knows what will be available to replace the ZS in 3-4 years time. Maybe a Longbridge built medium sized car.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am after a ZS 180 and plan on cementing my connection to this comunity, I haven't been around long, but it seems a friendly place, it is a sad time to be joining the world of MG.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bazzer_Mcbead said:
For me nothing has changed. I still plan to get the 214 asap and the 600Ti or ZS180 will follow, arbeit, I will not be able to buy one brand new... :(
2nd hand cars won't help MGR - already told you that.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
MGZRohno said:
2nd hand cars won't help MGR - already told you that.
Yea whatever, go away. Have'nt you got a Warrantee to worry about?

To add: How the hell am I mean't to buy brand new if the Company doesn't exist???

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm still strongly considering buying my dad's ZS180 off him when he sells it in 18 months time and keeping it until it gains classic status, which it will.

Just as an aside, the complaints about the vehicles being based on old shared componentry which has been around for years may be of benefit should MGR cease to produce any more cars. After all, there'll be plenty of cars around to get spares from, meaning the current crop of MGs and Rovers should be able to run around for many years to come.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I was planning for a new Tourer in the next couple of months. Been wondering today what the alternatives could be and couldn't honestly think of one which I'd have as much pride of ownership in. So I'm still sitting here with my fingers crossed that everything gets sorted and the workers get some security.

As for the forums, there's plenty of activity and hope it continues!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm planning on keeping my 25 for several years to come, but as I like to buy year old cars, unless Rover are saved I will be defecting to another brand :sad3:. Preferebly a car manufacturer that employs British workers. I believe in supporting British industry, even if the General Public don't seem to give a damn.

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,580 Posts
I dont think I would buy another manufacturers vehicles, certainly not unless it became absolutely nessecary, and I would definately retain my 25 even then because I am yet to travel in a car of the same size that is anywhere near as comfortable, especially as I have the iXL model, although I am still hoping to be able to place an order for RD60.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts