MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You try and get your point across to people in this place but if its negative then someone will close it the thread

I'm not wanting MGR to go under at all I’m a 110% believer in MGR and if it wasn’t for the government (of the past) and B*W MGR wouldn’t be in the state it is in today

It is just the way I see it everyone put profit before everything today, no one has a passion for they work at all in the country anymore or am I the only on who see it that way

This country NEED MGR we NEED MGR or what the point in all us been here talking about it

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
If MGR show profit, BMW have to be repaid a £450+million soft loan. The Phoenix Four will be liable for redundanbcies, dealerships closing down and the ensuing costs, pensions if MGR goes under. They'll be left with nothing. If they wanted to asset strip they would have done so, but I doubt they would be able to - the people who will benefit in that eventuality are property developers and various consultants.

So the answer to your question on the other thread is that profit is not the number one concern, and there is nothing about the Phoenix Four's tenure that points to self-gain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts