MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know? confusing news reports, some seem to say the chinese definetly not interested if so thats it isnt it such a bloody shame if so .by the way i was at the rally today (KX54FFH X POWER GREY ZR) nice to see so much support for us, as a powertrain worker i was chuffed to see the support you gave us thanks a lot

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Chanel 4 just said there was a small possibility of saving MGR. I think the key to the deal may be trying to find a way of making MGR solvent.

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
MGROVERnut said:
Chanel 4 just said there was a small possibility of saving MGR. I think the key to the deal may be trying to find a way of making MGR solvent.

If HMG cannot help then it is a sad state of affairs. If this was a French company you can bet your bottom dollar they would get the neccessary money. If this was Porsche I'd lay money on it that they would get assistance from the german Government. BTW. Porsche helped Scupper the R40 under B*W when they protested the state aid or Subsidies that B*W had arranged for it to proceed.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
If this was a French company you can bet your bottom dollar they would get the neccessary money.

If this was a French company... this would never have happened :irked:

John

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
In answer to the question of SAICs intentions, as far as I'm aware they have stated that they will not have any dealings with MGR while they are 'insolvent'. The problem is that the Chinese are very black&white on the issue - either they are solvent or they are bust. Trying to explain why you're in 'Administration' to a nation who doesn't even know what it means is like trying to explain to a caveman what the Blue Screen of Death is....

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Ok, the status as of this morning's press conference with PWC is that they haven't spoken to the Chinese yet, they hope to this week and run their presentation by them. So really, we'll know by this weekend if there is any hope of the Chinese deal being rescued... If there is, expect the 6.5m loan to be repeated next week. Decision on that will be made Sunday.

This is why this weekend's meet / rally in London is sooo important.

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
JohnSwitzer said:
If this was a French company you can bet your bottom dollar they would get the neccessary money.

If this was a French company... this would never have happened :irked:

John

SACRE BLEU JOHN! You are correct lol!

·
Registered
560 Posts
MGROVERnut said:
by jove, he's cracked it! Get this man a direct line to the P4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts