58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ello,
Ok this is what i have:
Pioneer 6x9's 360watt - 3 way
pioneer Front Speakers (door) 170watt - 2way
pioneer HU - 4x50watt with 3 preamps
Fli 10" subs (2) 800watt
Now i could do with some advice how to set this up, useing the HU but if nessecery with amp(s). to get a decent sound using all speakers n subs.
thnx Rob

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You NEED at least one amp.

to make it simple:
get at least a 600w 4 channel amp, it shouldn't be too expensive.
if you want a perfect setup, get a 5 channel amp and get comps for the fronts not two way speakers.

if you want more detailed help, feel free to ask.

edit: I just noticed you have two subs, you gonna have to get a much more powerful amp than what I said earlier.
also for the subs, you need them boxed properly and get the wiring kits to get the sound and power to the amps.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
107 Posts
Basically, amp them all up! get a 4channel for the 6x9s and co-axials and a 2channel for the subs. Only thing I'll say, is get a decent amp for the fronts, so that they aren't drowned out by the bass of the subs. Nothing worse than not being to hear music due to overpowering bass in my opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers, i will look into amp then if your think am going to need one, can u sujest any for the subs and the other speakers as amps am not to sure on =(
many thanx

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
get at least a two channel 800w amp for the subs.
and another 400w or 600w 4 channel amp for the speakers.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
107 Posts
Yeah, don't shop for amps by their max power rating, i.e. 800w etc, look fo their rms power rating (also called continuous or nominal). Find out the rms rating of your speakers and try and match witht he amp.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cheers mate!
my Subs are 250rms each so am i best with an amp of 500rms 2 channel?

also if am using one amp for my speakers...my 6x9's are bout 150rms but the front are bout 80-100rms so how will that work out what power amp do i get?

Cheers again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts