MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas, thinking about selling my R200. It is a 1998 S plate 216si, 75K with some history, although service book with the first 3 years receipts has been lost. have all receipts since then. last serviced October 2004 and MOT'd until Oct 2005.

It is a 5 door and is finished in British Racing Green metallic. Grey velour seats and grey dash (rather than black)

In very good condition throughout and is totally standard. It has had the timing belt done and recently had replaced the rotor arm and dizzy, water pump anf thermostat.

To my knowledge it has not ever suffered HGF.

IIRC I am the third owner and I have had the car 6 months. Reason for selling is I dont tend to keep cars much more than a year and just fancy a change. I get bored easily....

Looking at autotrader I would expect around £1800, although Parkers (for what it's worth) reckon nearer £1500.

What do you think?

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Trade in at a dealer,

£950

Private,

£1980

Dealer,

£2500

That's what the book at work says and it covered till the end of the month. Depends what you want to do if you want a new MG or Rover they will offer you less on your car but give you a good discount.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking more of a private sale to leave my options open. So it would seem that my £1800 might not be too far away...

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
To be honest I would ask for £2K and see how many people come to see it. I don't think you will have much trouble selling it as MK3's are always good sellers. A word of warning poor Rovers stay on your drive for ever as people know they can shop around for another easily enough. Also check what other garages in your area are selling the same car for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts