MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering how much my car would be roughly worth? Its a 96 bubble shape 3 door 214si 16v it has just below 95k on the clock, had cam belts done about 20k ago. Engine is spot on. Never fails to start runs brilliantly.
Only problem is

Been quoted 500 to fix. But still runs perfect and drives spot on. No problem to back wheel or back anything. Door opens and closes as it should.

Oh and its MOT'd until feb 07

Cheers

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
depends what its worth to you as a runner ? if its rust free id be inclined to go for it as if its got 4 or 6 years left in it thats gonna be worth it

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I personally think its next to worthless, no one is going to want to take it on with what is, quite obvious and very expensive to correct damage.
If you want any sort of return on it its going to need to become parts.
Sorry mate.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
tommihayes said:
Ok, well if i get somewere near to that figure i will be happy. Thanks for the responses guys! :D
Were you only 3rd party? you would get a good deal back off your insurer possibly.

·
Registered
rover_25
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Samuel said:
Were you only 3rd party? you would get a good deal back off your insurer possibly.
Yeah only third party mate. Would have probably cost as much as the repair in the insurance hike after a claim anyway!

But been through the insurance thing on here once before! :D

Assuming it costs 500 to fix would it be worth 800 after its repaired? Anyone?

Cheers

·
Registered
585 Posts
was going to say no chance but if its got good service history and good condition you just may get close to this figure....

you would get maybe £100 for the alloys.

·
Registered
rover_25
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mark cleland said:
found this on ebay, bear in mind if your car is properly fixed you may get the full £800 on autotrader

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-ROVER-200-bubble-shape-73000-miles-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ4640576409QQcategoryZ18262QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i know the above is £220 less but no alloys and its ebay
Darn it, probably would have bought that had i seen it! Ah well. The service history on mine isn't all that and not all the panels are perfect. Only thing its got going for it are the alloys and ZR seats.

But would probably move these to another car if i got one, assuming its a rover!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
mark cleland said:
found this on ebay, bear in mind if your car is properly fixed you may get the full £800 on autotrader

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-ROVER-200-bubble-shape-73000-miles-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ4640576409QQcategoryZ18262QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i know the above is £220 less but no alloys and its ebay
I was watching that too out of interest and that car went for a ridiculous price. In fact it annoyed me a fair bit, to think not long ago that car would have fetched well in excess of a grande.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
have you tried buffing it out....
better still have ago at banging it out might make it look a bit better?
you might be able to make an insision to take out the excess metal where the plastic strip is?

·
Registered
585 Posts
not all panels straight, not as good history id be scrapping it

wheels £100 and zr interior? maybe £150
headlights £25 each
rear lights £25
wing mirrors £25
back and front bumpers£50, grill another £20

your already sitting at £420 - and believe me theres soooo much more
£5 badge £5 each heater knob, £20 airbags, £15 seatbelts

you catch my drift? i am speking from experience!

·
Registered
rover_25
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vultures the lot of you! :D

If i do scrap it everyone on here will get first dibs. I was just getting an idea first though.

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
It's worth bugger all. Run it until it won't move then split for parts as others have said.

If it was lower mileage then I would have said get it fixed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts