MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1401 - 1409 of 1409 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Replaced the clutch fluid on the TF this morning, what came out did not look good; greased the arm/slave cylinder. Pedal had been getting harder to operate, appears a lot easier now. Will go out for a blat after lunch and test it.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Fitted a replacement fuel filter and the old girl is back on the road again 😃👍

Correction: fuel pump, not fuel filter - Doh!

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
2,156 Posts
Beginning to hate my 160, started this morning and sounded like a blow from the flexy-pipe, had a quick check as was on my way to work and it looks like the flexy has split...sods law, just as I thought everything on it was sorted :(

Also had a bird shat on my bonnet.....told her not taking her out again, but seriously, looked like a seagull had dropped its guts big time, cleaned it off to see paintwork already damaged :(

·
Registered
97 BRG MGF. 2009 SKODA SUPERB.
444 Posts
Beginning to hate my 160, started this morning and sounded like a blow from the flexy-pipe, had a quick check as was on my way to work and it looks like the flexy has split...sods law, just as I thought everything on it was sorted :(

Also had a bird shat on my bonnet.....told her not taking her out again, but seriously, looked like a seagull had dropped its guts big time, cleaned it off to see paintwork already damaged :(
Terrible stuff, does a lot of damage unless you can wash it off quickly.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Finally got around to changing the fuel pump on my silver TF. This is the fuel pump which I took apart and botched a in tank pump unit for a Ford Focus. Pressure caused the botched pipe fitting to come off initially so fitted a mini fuel line jubilee clip and all appears to be working well. going to dismantle the unit I took off and look to fit a similar style fuel pump into that :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
TF dash back light flickering for a while so already thinking alternator issues, out for a evening blat last week and dash is like a Christmas Tree, warning lights on and off, tacho and speedo needle haywire as systems seem to be shutting down.....my daughter who was with me was right....get home. Did so, then tried to start car....dead.

Battery ok after charge....alternator? Did some trawling on TBar etc found that symptoms on a post matched mine i.e no red battery symbol illuminated when ignition on then going off.........new regulator for the alternator £33 delivered from MG Speicalist but same is on Amazon UK for twenty quid, so be warned.

Had the new regulator and belt fitted to my alternator (car has done 54k).....problem solved...battery light on then off on start and now charging once again etc.

So saved myself the needless expense of circa £150+ for new decent alternator.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Changed the downpipe (flexy) on the 160, then after fitting new one found out old gaskets used was causing a blow, got new gaskets fitted only to find its blowing on the lambda sensor so will be coming off for a third time shortly :p

1401 - 1409 of 1409 Posts