MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1381 - 1389 of 1389 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I like that mate a car hobby:love: I'm almost exactly the same, but my wife became ill, so I packed up my lifetime love of fishing, to be home more. With the car, I can go for a spin, and be back in two hours, having my fix. However I wish we lived closer, as I'd come and cadge a few of your idea's, :ROFLMAO:watch you and then try myself. I'm really hopeless at DIY of any kind, not practical at all. Economics and Finance are my given skills, but I'm finding even that difficult now days, as my mind wanders frequently. I'm hoping this summer I may find a local MG enthusiast that does his own work near by. Just to watch and get advice.(y)

·
Registered
mg_tf
74 Posts
Nothing like the satisfaction of doing the job yourself !⁸
Tried to start mine this morning, nothing but high pich beep ! Never had this in 10 years ! Turns out it was the key fob, my wife washed it in my jeans about 3 years ago( dont worry she wont do it again ) and all was well
After drying it out , there was a bit of green crust around battery terminals
Cleaned and new battery
All is well
Now replacing torque arm
Luckily a curved spanner comes into its own
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive fuel system Rim

·
Registered
MGF 75th Anniversary
62 Posts
Spent last Sunday afternoon (and the whole monday) replacing the hydrobush engine mount - as the old one had split, spillt all fluid and been metal-on-metal for some while. This was a bit of an aha-effect, that that and not the exhaust caused the horrible rattle.
The changing process was a right pain in the butt - as the bolt of the top bracket and the nut of bush refused any of my opening attempts for hours - no impact gun and no 1.5m-lever were convincing enough. Finally I slowly chiseled the nut away. removed the bracket as a n assembly.
Long story short - the MG feels transformed now - so quiet it is a joy to drive again.

Or has been actually, until yesterday. It's even quieter now - as it turned out the, previously already changed, HG has blown again. The car just stopped and would not start again - Argh!! More work :mad::mad::devilish::mad::mad:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Winter is over. Washed the TF, coat of Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray....check tyre pressures fit battery from Optimiser....then an hours blat in the sun with roof down. A good drive and a beautiful sunny day.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Winter is over. Washed the TF, coat of Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray....check tyre pressures fit battery from Optimiser....then an hours blat in the sun with roof down. A good drive and a beautiful sunny day.
And the little yellow light engine management light didn't come on? Result:love::love::love::love::love: enjoy buddy. I drove in a tee shirt 16 deg, around Rutland water yesterday, we must have had the same weather?

·
Registered
278 Posts
And the little yellow light engine management light didn't come on? Result:love::love::love::love::love: enjoy buddy. I drove in a tee shirt 16 deg, around Rutland water yesterday, we must have had the same weather?
Yes indeed! Got up to 19 degs round here....will be having a nice drive later having got up at the crack of dawn to put the second coat of ceramic wax on......enjoy buddy.

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
2,073 Posts
Fitted a second hand bonnet and bumper to my 160, originals were in a poor state when I first purchased it a few years back, the bonnet had been poorly resprayed and the bumper had taken some beatings as well....also it didn't help the bumper when I caught it on the ground when reversing onto my ramps a few months back :p Guess which is the before and after :)

Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Car

1381 - 1389 of 1389 Posts