MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1321 - 1333 of 1333 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Refitted front anti-roll bar on my 75th, brother came around and we also refitted the re-gassed spheres to it, now just need to dig my pump out, find my fluid to refill the system :)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Finally got time to repressurise the suspension on my 75th so its now back on the ground :) just need to refit carpets, seats, consoles, etc. and then get it booked in for an MOT :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
One front near side brake calliper reconditioned with all new rubbers, pins etc and painted, O/S now being done, paint drying and will then be made up. New pads as well, was going to do the disks as well but can’t get the locating screws out even with some gentle persuasion with an impact driver. Any ideas on this or is it out with heat and some choice words for them.....

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Fitted carpets, seats and console between seats but alas, the purple cable to clock appears to have shorted and melted so not fitted the radio/clocks part of the console as will need to trace wire back in the loom to replace....odd the fuse didn't blow :(

·
Registered
mg_tf
688 Posts
Will see if I can get a picture of my seats, but reading those last couple of posts about disc retaining screws: I had the same on a TF. Had to drill them out, and found the discs rusted tight to the hubs.
I've also recently done brakes on a ZT, an Alfa Giulietta, an Astra, and a Clio. None had the same problem. They all came apart with no particular drama.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Replaced wiring to clock, also refitted front console, switches, radio and gear knob...whilst I was doing that my brother cleaned up the terminal on the starter motor then refitted air box (removed when doing spheres). Hopefully I won't need to keep putting my hand down between rear of boot and engine bay to "wiggle" the starter wire any more :)

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Woke my '95 F up from here slumber about 7-10 days ago. Been doing some fixes and checks over that time in readiness for her first MOT since 2018 tomorrow afternoon...

Wish me luck, I am definitely going to need it lol

Reactions: Robertf

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Woke my '95 F up from here slumber about 7-10 days ago. Been doing some fixes and checks over that time in readiness for her first MOT since 2018 tomorrow afternoon...

Wish me luck, I am definitely going to need it lol
Did it pass?

1321 - 1333 of 1333 Posts