MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1221 - 1232 of 1232 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cleaned my TF135 yesterday.
In the last week - Service, new drivers side front light unit fitted, new wiper blades ,new number plate screws and covers.
Remap and Engine clean tomorrow.
Just a windscreen chip and a couple of trolley dents to sort and I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Been cleaning my 3 ring lexus style light...the upper pic shows the condition they were in :eek: apart from the rear one had already had the middle lens cleaned. The lower pic shows lights in same position but after a relatively quick clean. Will spend more time polishing them before sealing them to help reduce further oxidisation

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wondered where you get fully comprehensive insurance for £80 Flanners?
Kind regards,
Austin.
Peformance Direct via Quidco 2K miles pa, the F due for renewal and that is £82!! Bargain motoring and the Govt has kindly paid for 5 cars to have their MoT for the Summer!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Today I've been mostly doing nothing but did get the head bolted back onto the block of my TF 160 before the rains came.....

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
No rain here! Off down to the coast on a fish and chip run this evening in the TF!
Lucky you, rain stopped play again yesterday when trying to finish off fitting inlet manifold. Finally got it all back together today in glorious sunshine though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Done nothing for 3 days but the big parcel arrived with Alli radiator and fan .All perfect .now ready tmorow for MOT .Our garage workshop is next to the MOT guys who if we talk nicely do brake and gas tests as a favour Need the gas test down
Let you know .
Then I'll pay the £40 MOT properp

·
Registered
mg_tf
140 Posts
Changed the coil packs for a newer set. Whilst in that part of the engine I removed the spark plugs and carried out a cylinder pressure test with my new tool. All 4 cylinders measured between 12-13bar. Not bad for an engine that has done 89k although i did do a top end rebuild a few years back, (about 1000miles since). Very pleased.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Today I've been mostly rebuilding the Head of my 1996 120mpi which I stripped in 2014 but then got side tracked with other MGF's and TF's. Problem is, the F has now stood for so long the liners are rusted so debating whether to just drop a second hand block in with the rebuilt head on (have one spare) or change the liners and pistons for a new/second hand set.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Head gasket and PRT.all ok . Now the problem via OBD New temp sender switches on radiator fan . But SW off engine .then start again fan on for a few seconds then goes off .Also camshaft sensor fault . Does rev ok in N . But misses under load accelerating ..It's steptronic . . Great car step and electric steering and hydro susp super
Help !!??

1221 - 1232 of 1232 Posts