MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
6,751 Posts
I unlocked it, opened the boot and the bonnet, disconnected the trickle charger, started her for the first time in over a month, retrieved the air pump, plugged it in, pumped the nearside front tyre and then reversed all the previous moves.

· Registered
6,751 Posts
Yesterday I popped the hood to let the car breath.

I then jacked her up at the front and rested her on axle stands, drained the hydragas fluid (not that there was much) and started on the subframe bolts. 4 of the rear bolts came out easily and 2 got a dose of plusgas and will get more over the next few days until the impact driver comes out. 2 of the front mount bolts came out easily, however it appears that the captive nuts for the other 2 failed at some point in a previous life so the bolts had been put in upside down with a nut on the bottom, not a chance of undoing these and as there is no room for the angle grinder so out came the drill, tedious or what.

· Registered
6,751 Posts
In the brief period between getting home and having supper I tried getting all four corners of the front subframe transplant bolted up and have come to the conclusion that the front end is slightly twisted :(
Noooooooooooo! - nightmare.
One of the bolt holes is a fraction out and there is evidence of panel replacement when viewed from underneath and of the three windscreen surround panels one is gloss and two are matt.

But I've had her for six years with no feeling of her not driving true so I will get her tracked and we should be fine.

· Registered
6,751 Posts
In the brief period between getting home and having supper I tried getting all four corners of the front subframe transplant bolted up and have come to the conclusion that the front end is slightly twisted :(
Managed to get all for mounts done up only to find that the F rear mounts only have 3 bolt holes while the TF ones have 4 so I'm either going to have to
1)swap to TF solid mounts
2)flip the F mounts over
3)drill the forth hole in the F mount.

All assume the forth hole is there in the chassis and so I can fit the TF subframe cross brace.

Then there was a F1 and ran stopped play.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts