MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,902 Posts
Note the ages of all those thread contributors... Not many pipe and slipper sales there ... lots of dummies and nappies though..... :rofl:

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
corsas r wel phat my m8 beet a m3 from soufgate 2 bownds green in a sxi safe bro
I hope that is meant to be taken ironically. If so hehe, if not :twak2:

Oh and the reason they are talking about smilies is to avoid having to say the Corsa is like a fat man chasing an mg express pie van!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I love this comment from that thread-oh the life of owning a 1.2 corsa :lol:

"grrr i hate it when they come up your ass to race you. I sooooo wish i had a 1.8 or a 2.0 then will see whos laughing when im gone. bloody ****ers"

·
Registered
389 Posts
guess what i have a corsa c design as a courtesy car at the mo and its crap to be honest its nicely built and thats it the steering feels to woolly would rather have my old mk 1 rover 25 i know its dated inside but it handles miles better than this corsa

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Your keyboards are all equipped with shift keys, full stops, commas and other puntctuation marks. Please try using them. You're not on your mobile now.

S

·
0 Posts
It amazes me how most refer the SXi name as such a high performce vehicle along side VXR or ST. SXi is just a trim name, it doesn't mean you are driving a sub 7 secs car. Infact it is the absolute opposite, you'll be lucky to get to 60 in 10secs in the 1.2 or 1.4.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I've owned a 1.7dTi SXI Corsa-C. It was OK. Felt nippy, engine was a bit buzzy though, but not fast at all. Would struggle to get to 100mpg (on my private track), bouncy suspension, I think the dTi had stiffer lower suspension than the 1.2's did. It wasn't all that well built to be honest, the plastic arch trim on one side decided to hang off one day for no apparent reason. The dash was solid enough, and I do mean solid, as in very hard plastic, but it didn't rattle. Seating position was terrible, steering was just weird - it attempts to adjust according to speed, which just seems to not work very well in reality. I liked the car at the time, but I wouldn't get another one. It was a cheap to run, sporty(ish) looking hatchback, and I think that's why they're very popular. insurance was dirt cheap, fuel usage was not bad (45mpg from a diesel is ok but not amazing). I went for the car at the time because it was a very cheap (Isuzu engine, 100,000 mile timing chain change... or was it belt? and general simple design) and reliable car and looked half decent.

I think the argument of what is quicker is a bit silly, and the figures put them very very close. So I wouldn't like to say. But handling-wise the MG would probably be better from experience of driving an SXI and a few R200 based cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts