MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe if there was relative damage to that side of the car, but alloys don't get damaged that easily in an accident like this one has had

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
smbMG said:
Have a look at the pics for this guys TF160 for breaking. Do we reckon been pushed too much with the spare or straightforward front and rear impact??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-MG-TF-160-SPRINT-BLUE-Accident-Damaged_W0QQitemZ4644221564QQcategoryZ18262QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
There could be reasons for it, someone may have had that wheel to use as their spare already, or the accident could have come about for reasons unconnected with running on a space saver.
But i think you might be right, the TF can be a handful if you arent careful anyway, with a spacesaver on the rear wheels of a rear wheel drive (and i dunno, possibly rear engined) car it is a recipe for disaster.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,460 Posts
My guess is that the passenger side front wheels was bent in the impact so a rear wheel was put the front and the space saver on the rear after the accident to get the car mobile.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Especially considering the spare won't fit over the AP's! - good deduction Chris - you're not a detective are you? :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts