MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys, ever since pranging my first car into the @r$e of a BMW :)rvd: :rotflmao: ) I have had this phobia of not being able to brake correctly. No matter how good the brakes on my car are they never feel good enough to me.

The plan is to upgrade my standard ZR 105 brakes to the larger ones from the 160 (including the rear). What exactly do I need to get it done, and how is it done?

Thanks in advance
Stuarty

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
unless you are driving very hard then the standard brakes will be up to the job of stopping you.

does your ZR have ABS? it might have been an idea to get one with ABS is you are worried about not being able to stop.

The limiting factor is generally the tyre - this is the point of contact with the road and what looses grip when too much brake force is applied. once you have reached the braking power of the tyre - it doesnt matter how much bigger your brakes get - if the tyres cant grip - you cant stop any faster.

for emergency braking ABS is the way to go

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have ABS and Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres on my car, so no problems with the current setup, it's just that I want to feel as safe as I can. Cheers guys, I'll havea look on previous threads :D

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I think what Liamm meant is that they wont do much on a ZR105

you only need discs if there is a chance the drums will overheat - since the car is so light this isnt really going to happen.

also have to remember that a ZR160 will acclerate back up to 100mph much faster than a 105 - and thus has the potential to require a greater amount of brake cooling

if you spent an hour going from 0-100-0 again your going to use the brakes more frequently in a faster car than a slower one -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.