MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
Im picking up my precious from the garage in a few days and was just wondering if there are any special things to look for after HGF repair! Maybe like not driving to fast or something, i dunno :) The garage is gonna gimme a guarantie on the repair, so i want to check often to see if there is anythin wrong so i can still fix it for free! The HGF repair cost me 860€, witch is less then the estimate i first got from the garage, so im happy, but its still lots of money, so i dont want bad stuff happening any time soon:)

Cheers m8's!

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
If it was repaired properly then providing you maintain it it will be fine.

All the usuall stuff like checking the coolant regularly, not driving over 3000rpm unitill its fully warmed up.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Sorry to hear you suffered HGF, I know that sinking feeling when it happens and $$$$ in the eyes of the vulture mechanics who pray on such people.

The first and most important thing to watch out for is of course coolant loss, It is quite normal to loose coolant over the next couple of weeks as airlocks work free and the level goes down, just keep topping it up (With the correct coolant and the correct % mix)

Even though I am sure he has done a good job, watch pipes... hoses that can split after being removed due to the extra pressure in working them free but that is rare and only happened to me once.

As for driving carefully, just drive normally.. This procedure does not require any 'running in' but I would say for the first 500 miles.. still take it easy, just because of possible coolant issues where any faults during this time, should show up.

All in all though, you can't drive paranoid, just enjoy your motor and do coolant/oil checks before each journey and you should be fine.

Good luck.

Sean

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Good to know it doesnt require any extra special care, im not much of a mechanical wizard :) Yeah , HGF is a bummer, the engine looked like it threw up all over itself, oil and coolant everywhere, i was realy heartbroken ...
I hope its gonna be ok now..
The cooland mix is 50\50 right?

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts