MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
my rover 45 used to be that colour. Dont know what it is tho, but used to look great after it was cleaned.

Ah a 45 when there WAS still wood in the doors and when there WAS still sound proofing and WHEN build quality was excellent. I do miss the 45 :(

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
yep - the 'bum' photo gives it away - looks just like my old 99 400 in tahiti blue. That car did 130kmiles and paintwork was in as good condition on that as my pearl black ZS is at 2 years/50k miles.

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
If it's the colour I think it is, it's a very dull dark blue.

Back in early 2002 I had a Y plate R45 as a courtesy car for 5 weeks in that colour and it wasn't nice, neither was the car as I recall.

Plenty nicer colours out there.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
If it's the colour I think it is, it's a very dull dark blue.

Back in early 2002 I had a Y plate R45 as a courtesy car for 5 weeks in that colour and it wasn't nice, neither was the car as I recall.

Plenty nicer colours out there.
You are thinking of Solid Midnight Blue, and yes it is a bit dull.

Tahiti Blue is a metallic colour, and looks stunning when clean and polished, as Emps will no doubt testify :D

·
Banned
5,073 Posts

Tahiti Blue is a metallic colour, and looks stunning when clean and polished, as Emps will no doubt testify :D
That will be the one, it didn't do the car any favours. Well seeing it was a courtesy car.

Saying that, it didn't get washed for 5 weeks so it was very dull when it went back :D

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
That will be the one, it didn't do the car any favours. Well seeing it was a courtesy car.

Saying that, it didn't get washed for 5 weeks so it was very dull when it went back :D
How could you treat a courtesy car like that?

We all know that courtesy cars are well cared for machines, no high revs, no trying out the maximum speed in every gear, and are always driven with kid gloves :rofl:

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
How could you treat a courtesy car like that?

We all know that courtesy cars are well cared for machines, no high revs, no trying out the maximum speed in every gear, and are always driven with kid gloves :rofl:
It was a horrible car so quite easily :D

I treated the R75 2.5 with a lot more respect as it was a stunning car and even washed it and I only had it for 9 days. Altho it did belong to the after sales manager so I had to :lol:

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
Also I would have had it for 10 weeks but I refused to keep it for the other 5 while I waited on a replacement car.

They either gave me a better car or £17,100 refund.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ohh I see. Yes that solid midnight blue doesn't look anything special. Its not a hideous colour or anything - its just boring and not fun.

Royal blue looks quite nice - gotta say that Tahiti looks nicer though.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Tahiti is nicest - it has an almost purple tinge to it. It is one of the rarest colours on the Rover 75, as it only survived about 15 months. It didn't survive the transfer from Cowley to Longbridge ;)

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
Why? Was it a base spec model, or had it just been thrashed and neglected?
Base model I think. It was quite new but definitely not a car I would have been driving through choice.

Replaced it with a nearly new Pug 307GLX with 800 miles on the clock. It had nearly 3000 on it when they got it back :D

I had the choice between that and a high spec 406 at the time but took the 307.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts

Tahiti is nicest - it has an almost purple tinge to it. It is one of the rarest colours on the Rover 75, as it only survived about 15 months. It didn't survive the transfer from Cowley to Longbridge ;)
yep, Under certain light it turns purple, not as nice as Nightfire but nice all the same. Rare too :ts: :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts