MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive got a standerd rover 216 1.6 16v 4 door 1997

its all standerd but i wonna start to do stuff to it
im planing on mg zr 160 suspention and wheels but thats in a few months so at the min im looking to do something to keep me ocupied!

what you all hink i should do?

·
Registered
547 Posts
so ive got a standerd rover 216 1.6 16v 4 door 1997

its all standerd but i wonna start to do stuff to it
im planing on mg zr 160 suspention and wheels but thats in a few months so at the min im looking to do something to keep me ocupied!

what you all hink i should do?
thats completely up to you, do it the way you want it, not the way other people want it.

start off with some dice :D

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
I'd start by learning to service it yourself if you don't know how already.

Then a bloomin good clean.

Then think about the things you don't like and how you'd like to change them.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You could try the fairly cheap but effective "first" mods such as de-oranging, meshing the front grille and lower grille. Im planning to de-orange at the start of the summer, cant wait till its done as i hate the orange in the headlights! Fitted some clear side repeater's today, which had make a sublte improvement!
And of course, a damn good clean inside and out!

·
Registered
118 Posts
yep, never underestmate a good scrub, u appreciate ur motor so much more. get it looking brand spanking again

·
Registered
211 Posts
I haven't got round to doing much on my bubble, but the first two on my list are minor ones which only I will really notice.

I'm gonna do the one touch down passenger window detailed here, as it will be really useful for me - http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=92541

I'm also gonna do the push button start, mainly 'cause I'm really immature -
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=133365

And those two mods are really cheap. I can't really afford a set of alloys, but I can afford £2 for a button and a small length of wire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts