1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but the orginial ebay listing has disappeared - was it an original Mini convertable from the 90's (seems unlikely as it's on a A reg?).

It may be in bad taste but 80's Minis are not exactly rare?
Well they're getting rarer-I hardly ever see one on the roads.

Anyhow ,no excuse for that abomination at all IMO.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Spoke too soon - found the updated listing further down in the BB thread.

I think the car's had it's own revenge in a way - he's spent 15k (apparently) and still has a non functional car, and will struggle to get a fraction of the total spend for it now!

·
Registered
rover_75
2,596 Posts
Being a Mini fan I can say that it's not actually that bad - I was expecting much worse (there are some dreadful bodykits around!).

You see all sorts at the Mini shows.

BTW we've got an '80s A-reg Mini in our garage!

·
Registered
rover_25
551 Posts
Sorry but these threads really wind me why take the mick out of someones car who doesnt have chance to defend themselves.
Who gives a monkeys if you dont like it he isnt building the car for you. If thats what he wants then leave him be. Sites like barry boys should be closed down its not fair peoples pride and joy being posted on the internet for all and sundry to rip into. Grow up and realise that variety is the spice of life and if we all did the same we wouldnt have half the things we do today.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry but these threads really wind me why take the mick out of someones car who doesnt have chance to defend themselves.
Who gives a monkeys if you dont like it he isnt building the car for you. If thats what he wants then leave him be. Sites like barry boys should be closed down its not fair peoples pride and joy being posted on the internet for all and sundry to rip into. Grow up and realise that variety is the spice of life and if we all did the same we wouldnt have half the things we do today.
Sorry but I'm passionate about my cars-very much so.

To see someone waste a quite rarely seen car is terrible IMO.

A car is NOT just for A-B. It is more than that. Very more so.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Many car enthusiasts view cars the same way historians and architects view old buildings, that is, old cars should be preserved where possible and tastefully updated when necessary. To a Mini traditionalist, what has been done to that car may be somewhat akin to the demolition of the Baltic Exchange.

Granted, people have every right to do to their cars what they wish, but people who own houses in historic districts often feel the same way about their properties when they want to put in a new door knocker or paint the trim.

At least with cars, all people can do is voice their opinions. Unlike with buildings, no one has pushed for legislation banning alteration of historic cars (yet).

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At least with cars, all people can do is voice their opinions. Unlike with buildings, no one has pushed for legislation banning alteration of historic cars (yet).
See to be honest ,It's about time they did. Old buildings ,old asylums in the UK ,fantastic architecture has been destroyed-one day ,there won't be a 'normal' mini left ,in fact how much will you pay for a mini van now-about at least 7K and counting in good nick.

If someone did a big huge distastefull mod to their house next door would you say anything about it-of course you would.

So why not a car?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I was thinking of hacking the roof of my Mini if I ever get around to doing it up. Mainly because it's got a very nasty vinyl roof at the moment, and I've always fancied a converttible Mini.

Wouldn't be doing the bodykit thing though, the rest of it would remain standard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.