MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i was driving home from London and just as i got off the M11 i heard a loud bang. Then it felt as if my back right wheel was about to fall off, complete lack of steering and i had to fight with the car. Managed to get it home only 5 mile up the road. Got home and there was smoke bellowing out the back of the wheel. The mechanic said my Wheel bearing went. So its only a 100 pound job, luckly, but still not a nice present!!!!
J

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Yesterday i was driving home from London and just as i got off the M11 i heard a loud bang. Then it felt as if my back right wheel was about to fall off, complete lack of steering and i had to fight with the car. Managed to get it home only 5 mile up the road. Got home and there was smoke bellowing out the back of the wheel. The mechanic said my Wheel bearing went. So its only a 100 pound job, luckly, but still not a nice present!!!!
J
Good job you stopped safely! Did you not notice any noise from the wheel bearing?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
so you heard a bang, the car went all steering funny, and you carried on driving for 5 miles? Did you stop?

If you didn't:

You must be amongst some of the most moronic people i have ever heard speak. That is a complete outrage and you should be shot, you couold have killed someone, or even worse, made a mess of your car.

If you did:

please ignore last rant!! :)

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
so you heard a bang, the car went all steering funny, and you carried on driving for 5 miles? Did you stop?

If you didn't:

You must be amongst some of the most moronic people i have ever heard speak. That is a complete outrage and you should be shot, you couold have killed someone, or even worse, made a mess of your car.

If you did:

I thnk someone need to chill out! He was 5 miles from home, and his car started acted funny. I think I would've done the same thing. Just limp it home.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah looks like some one is in a bad mood, chill out!!!! I called my father who then came out and drove the car home himself doing 20mph with me following him with the 4way flashes on.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so im extremly luck to still be in one shape. The thing that worries me the most is i had an MOT 3 weeks ago and everything was fine. scary i think they should go back to the old days and road test the cars instead of putting on a machine

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
so im extremly luck to still be in one shape. The thing that worries me the most is i had an MOT 3 weeks ago and everything was fine. scary i think they should go back to the old days and road test the cars instead of putting on a machine
Maybe you should try getting in touch with the garage and asking why wasn't this picked up on on the MOT.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i should really, they cant get away with it. anyway im off now to enjoy the rest of my birthday.
Have a nice day
J

·
Registered
42,093 Posts

If you didn't:

If you did:

yeah, can you take a deep breath and relax a bit. its easy to hear a noise, smell a smell, or feel a knock and carry on as it can often be passed as paranoia etc. this shoould probably be an infraction for atacking a fellow member, please tone it down a bit.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Well he did stop, Murphy put a clause in his statement to ignore it - therefore no harm done IMO.

Besides, people have been jumped on far worse for far less!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
yeah - see - he did stop! And his post said it went really funny, all over the road and stuff. Therefore would have been very silly to drive without at least stopping for a look. Which he did, so thats fine.

I just hate to see people driving around with flat wheels etc because they are too scared to stop, but don't think about the damage they could cause.

When something like that happens the least you should do is have a look to see if you still hav 4 wheels and brakes on the car!

Sorry mister if I offended you!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No worries mate. I total understand your comment. I did stop to check all 4 wheels and there was no movement in them but i call my father anyway as he has way more experience. Thank you everyone for your birthday comments. I recevied a Ferrari 360 test drive package. I CANT WAIT
J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts