MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after alot of work, with and without the help of the police i am pleased to announce that we have recovered nearly 90% of the stuff that was stolen from us.

It ended up at a company in York, which has now lost out financially as they bought the kit from a guy that walked in through the door.

Unfortunately no one has been charged.

Once again thank you one and all for your support....

Hope to see some of you soon....

/Ian

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Brill news that you got most of it back pal, shame no one has been charged but getting it back is something to be thankful for.

Simon

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had a transporter stolen several years ago, about 3 years after i walked into a garage and saw my transporter there with a car on the back, not even repainted it or anything, walked out without saying anything and called the cops who gave me the run around for a few days as it was in a different area to what i had reported it stolen from, each area cops said it was the other one's problem even thou i had a ref number from when i reported it stolen, after a few phone calls asking to speak with the chief constable they eventually arranged for me to meet them (the cops )at the garage with proof it was my transporter, i turned up with a photo of my kids stood on the back of it it my driveway that showed a broken winch handle quite well,that was still broken the cop took one look and challenged the garage owner who tried saying he had bought it etc so the cops asked for reciept he then says his accounts are away at the accountants so cops impounded transported at the garage and gave him so long to get the reciept from his accountant or he would be charged with possesing stolen property, next day i got a call from the cops saying he would give me the transporter back if i dropped any charges against him, i didn't want to do this saying he should be charged with theft if he had no proof of purchase, they were not interested and suggested i take his offer and get it back i arranged to meet them at the garaged while i collected it to save any agro and he got off scott free.

·
Registered
618 Posts
So what you're saying is the cops told you to just leave it be an not press charges? :confused:
yes they suggested i take up his offer and get my transported back, i think part of the problem was that the cop dealing with the garage was from 1 area and the crime was reported in another area where it was stolen from as said none of them wanted to deal with it at first each saying it was the other one problem to deal with, i could tell the cop was not interested at all and really just wanted to close paperwork so it could boost the solved case figures for that month. i feel if its not big enough to make the headlines its not important anymore, cops just give you a crime ref number over the phone now for your insurance co and don't even come out to many reported incidents now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts