MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I was safe and had no leeks but noticed that the drivers side footwell was wet after all this rain weve had lately (not stopped since i bought the F!! :( ) Anyway, i thought it was because i got in with wet feet a few times but just as it was starting to dry out i found it soaking again the other morning before i even got in :(

Ive checked the passenger side and thats bone dry, i don't think its from the window or seal as its wet in the middle but not near the door or on the seat, more just under your feet for the clutch and accelerator. I've read loads about the bulkhead leaks but this all seems to effect the passenger side whereas mine is dry? any ideas?

Thanx in advance

James :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Check the bulkhead to scuttle panel seal - mine leaked something chronic on the passenger side but there is no reason why this can't leak on the drivers side either. Although the water did run down behind the carpet on mine - the top of the carpet remained dry but underneath the carpet, in the floorpan and sound deadening material, it was a completely different story.

Pull the carpet away from underneath the pedals so you can see the floorpan and get someone to pour a jug of water over the driver's side windscreen whilst you watch for leaks from the seam on the inside of the car. If it is leaking it can easily be sealed with clear silicon, or similar, sealant.

Look at the bottom of this web page to see the point where mine leaked, albeit on the passenger side.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
685 Posts
It could 'well' be the old chestnut that never got fixed in the MG - The door mirrors are leaking. Search for threads on this site - there must hundreds as its such a common problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
POOP!...I had this leak and just fixed it using the exact method Dr Bob describes, however, like the idiot i am i forgot to note which connector connects where for the alarm and interior light, four connectors in all...anyone got a pic showing which goes where on a 97 mgf?

ive left all disconnected for now but not sure what effect this might have on the alarm!

boo hoo hooooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
mg_tf
218 Posts
Sibay,

Don't know the colours but ....

The two straight connectors are for the light and the two right angle connectors are for the switch - at least that is how it is on mine.

Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts