MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I lately brought a MG ZR 2003 model, And i want to upgrade it. I brought it with 6k left to do it up. but i have not ever modded up a car before. So i was wondering if you guy's could help me out abit. By telling me were good place's near cheltenham to get a body kit fitted and a respray after. The body kit im going to buy is the green one on this link

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Rover_MG_ZR/rover_mg_zr.html

(the one that cost £449.95)

So i thought that was a bit of a bargain really but if you can find the same one cheaper! then all the better. And i was wondering how much do you guy's have a ruff estimate that it will cost to get the body kit fitted and it resprayed at same time? Since i have no idea. On of my mate's were saying for the spray it will cost me coming on to 1000. and i thought it might of been cheaper around the 500 mark.. And i have no idea how much the body kit it self will cost to fit. Im also going to put 2 15"Subwoofers i was looking at the Toxic TSW150f. but again im not good with amps and sub's. So im not sure if that's any good or just rubish. so if you could recommend some good subs 15inch for around then 100-150mark i would be greatful and i was also looking at geting 2 toxix TX - 1500n amp's to go with the 2 subs of course. But ounce more i am not sure how good that is so recommendations are realllly welcome. also if u could recommend some good induction kits i would be happy to.I was looking at a green filter but not sure.. what a impact that would actually mate anyway thanks in advance! Ow and also i wanna twin exhaust system.. how much would that cost to. like the car in green style on body kit.

sub link

http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=31494&show_my_car=&return_link=/index.php?&source=subcategory

p.s. engine size is 2.0i

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Hey all, I lately brought a MG ZR 2003 model, And i want to upgrade it. I brought it with 6k left to do it up. but i have not ever modded up a car before. So i was wondering if you guy's could help me out abit. By telling me were good place's near cheltenham to get a body kit fitted and a respray after. The body kit im going to buy is the green one on this link

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Rover_MG_ZR/rover_mg_zr.html

(the one that cost £449.95)

So i thought that was a bit of a bargain really but if you can find the same one cheaper! then all the better. And i was wondering how much do you guy's have a ruff estimate that it will cost to get the body kit fitted and it resprayed at same time? Since i have no idea. On of my mate's were saying for the spray it will cost me coming on to 1000. and i thought it might of been cheaper around the 500 mark.. And i have no idea how much the body kit it self will cost to fit. Im also going to put 2 15"Subwoofers i was looking at the Toxic TSW150f. but again im not good with amps and sub's. So im not sure if that's any good or just rubish. so if you could recommend some good subs 15inch for around then 100-150mark i would be greatful and i was also looking at geting 2 toxix TX - 1500n amp's to go with the 2 subs of course. But ounce more i am not sure how good that is so recommendations are realllly welcome. also if u could recommend some good induction kits i would be happy to.I was looking at a green filter but not sure.. what a impact that would actually mate anyway thanks in advance!

sub link

http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=31494&show_my_car=&return_link=/index.php?&source=subcategory
How far you willing to travel? If Bath(ish) is within your distance limit, then you could give my paint guy a ring - number in my sig :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to sure how far away that is might be ok. long as it's not all the way up north near york lol

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Not to sure how far away that is might be ok. long as it's not all the way up north near york lol
Its about 40 miles from Cheltenham, and a little over an hours drive. Basically a bit before Bristol if you go down the M4 from Swindon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh, Then that's not bad at all. ill have to check it out on my sat nav. But first i need the body kit fitted. so got to find a good place to do that was looking at this place near tewksberry or how every u spell it. That looked promising. But i am sure ill find some were. finish getting my car nodded up and ill be on the cheltenham cruise again =]. use to go to it with my mate ash in his audi a3. that was modded up. think he has a s3 now though.. rich.. **** =] awh well.. ill keep searching for good place's i guess today! =]

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yeh, Then that's not bad at all. ill have to check it out on my sat nav. But first i need the body kit fitted. so got to find a good place to do that was looking at this place near tewksberry or how every u spell it. That looked promising. But i am sure ill find some were. finish getting my car nodded up and ill be on the cheltenham cruise again =]. use to go to it with my mate ash in his audi a3. that was modded up. think he has a s3 now though.. rich.. **** =] awh well.. ill keep searching for good place's i guess today! =]
Austin fits bodykits as well as spraying and bodywork - he's done most of the noteworthy modded cars around here to an extremely high standard. He had a nissan 200sx in at the same time as my F and fitted an ebay special 'Drift' kit on it. The kit the owner supplied was poor quality - a really terrible fit - but he got it looking and fitting perfect. He's usually pretty booked up but he's worth a bit of a wait, coz his work is excellent :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
yeh ill deff give him a cool and see what he recommends i do.. =] and see how it goes =]
He's on holiday for a week from tomorrow, but give him a bell when he gets back and i'm sure he'll give you good advice. Tell him Louie recommended him, and he'll deffo help you out ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
witney is nearer..the kernahans body shop guy...adrian...super jobs done for me in the past :)

...just a thought...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts