MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been meaning to do a few mods for a while now, started with the following after reading a recent thread on this wonderful site...

thats the pipe that sometimes rubs on the a/c pipes and can cause it to wear thru with the resultant loss of gas, just used one of them plastic strap thingies to pull the pipe clear, took all of about 2 mins...then on with the following...

yes, after checking the central drain for blockage, I plucked up the courage to drill the 25mm spyhole for ease of checking in future, the drain was very slightly blocked, now I can see the floor beneath the car, and can "rod" it regular for peace of mind, the whole operation took about an hour...finished it off with a nice 25mm gromet.

this is a photo taken thru the spyhole, you can just see the light through the centre drain - I'm impressed myself, (yes I know the pollen filter is disgustingly dirty, couldnt get a new one on easter monday)got the bug now so went ahead with the following ....

yes, followed simonarius, and a few others and went to work on the air intake with hacksaw, also removed the splashguard so the air can flow through unobstructed when traveling at speed. I hav'nt really tested the performance as yet, just been on a couple of short runs, but she easily rev's past 4500 rpm and pulls very strong. I now have to learn how to clean the maf and the egr valve, (if & when I can find them) at 60k they must be due, thats a challenge for another day though, meanwhile I am happy with my easter achievements.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Good work there!

Don't forget the PCV as well while your hands are dirty on the EGR! I recommend you wear gloves as it's a dirty, but very worth while, Job.

You might want to cut the top corner off the engine cover too so that you can remove the MAF for cleaning without taking everything off (apart from 2 screws that hold the MAF in place)

·
Registered
191 Posts
well it has a dirty great mesh infront of it (radiator), an underbody tray, and the bonnet itself, dont think we're gonne be sucking anything too big into it lol :)

Yeah the EGR valve is worth some tie cleaning (unless your waiting for the EGR mod :) ) and the PCV was filthy on mine (although not smoking out the exhaust) and worth cleaning aswell. Love to know what it's for though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts