MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The only thing my mechanic recommended I had looked at was the tracking, due to the massive knock to the n/s front wheel.

The car feels absolutely fine to drive, but the steering wheel, is slightly off centre now.

I was going to get 4-wheel alignment done on my old Rover 75 – would that procedure include tracking adjustment if I got it done on the TF too?

Sorry for my complete lack of knowledge here!

·
Registered
mg_tf
236 Posts
Hello Hogweed,
Your last post suggests that although the steering wheel is now off centre - it wasn’t before. If that is the case, then something has been distorted in the accident, and any wheel alignment adjustment from here is simply going to ‘accommodate’ that distortion.
Personally if the steering wheel is off centre and it wasn’t before, then I would be looking for a reason why, rather than simply making adjustments.
OK, use the alignment equipment to point you in the right direction which will help to trace where the distortion is, but correct that first.
Kind regards,
Austin

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I thought these cars only liked GOODYEAR GS2 and TOYO tyres, anything else and you're risking being thrown into a ditch ?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I thought these cars only liked GOODYEAR GS2 and TOYO tyres, anything else and you're risking being thrown into a ditch ?
Yes Pete- I was told only TOYO's

Ive only had to buy one set and that was this year. about £150 a tyre but far less than a Range-Rover!!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts