MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, had the car two days. Its exceptional no other way to say it. Suspension is custom, interior is all by Mike Satur. The SP is loud, and raspy. By god its addictive!! I think, this is probably the most modified F out there with the exception of those with S/C and Jon Norris' F. EDIT. ONE OF THE MOST..... some people get far too anal sometimes....

So all in all, i very pleased. Very few Panthers ever made it to the road, same goes for the Cheetah really.... shame.

Will upload some pictures shortly and a full brake down of mods, though there are some that are not in the history that ARE on the car. Like the electric roof........

Centre console, gear surround, airvents are all by Mike Satur and are solid aluminium fascia's, not a painted plastic jobby. Chrome ashtray, chrome cig ligher, chrome handbrake button ,extra lighter point are all also by Mike Satur I believe.

OH IT CAME WITH A PAIR OF ARMANI SUNGLASSES - WIN

Planned mods / Work

52mm TB
Induction Kit (Probably Taipan - cba to find an 800 airbox again)... might do another ebay special
Trophy Headlights / Tint Current Ones
TF Taillights
LED Speedo
LED Headlights & Taillights
Cambelt Change & Major Service + New Radiator

I may also add the sparkle effect plastidip.... maybe.

·
Registered
894 Posts
thats soo nice.. i want it! :p electric roof too? im on the hunt for a spoiler for my MNX coloured car at the moment its impossible to get one, painted and posted to me! anyhoo car looks great mate :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looking good, but then it's an F.

Please, what's all that moisture under the back end, which rear spoiler is that one and what's the bottle in the handbrake tunnel - surely not a hydraulic handbrake?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Looking good, but then it's an F.

Please, what's all that moisture under the back end, which rear spoiler is that one and what's the bottle in the handbrake tunnel - surely not a hydraulic handbrake?
Sheffield is very wet, its just water. The pump is for the roof.

It feels like its a little short on power around the lower end, maybe its because its still got the standard airbox!! Thats coming out. Will give it a new service too.

Going to have to have a good look around to fix the hood........

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is very very smart. Any engine mods?
not sure, i think its had the ports matched according to a bill.

ABS motorsport did some work on it including some head work - it does have an enhanced clutch as standard spec, infact the paperwork does state "replace clutch install AP Racing Clutch" in 2008.

Standard airbox and throttle body though.

Im not sure how much of the suspension setup is from the panter kit when new or custom work with ABS motorsport - but its had a complete suspension rework in 2006 - with new shocks, spheres and polybushes @ 60k miles....

I have a feeling the previous owners have focused on looks and handling rather than straightline speed.

Got a short shift too.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because of a body kit and electric roof?

I gotta disagree.. sorry..

Modified.. yes...

Most modified? Hell no...

Just my opinion

Allan
Sure because a custom suspenion, bodykit, interior, engine mods, brakes, servo, clutch etc hasnt been modified.

I said one of the most, with the exception of a few. Really.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
What engine mods has it got out of interest?

Custom suspension? Details please..

Didnt say I didnt like it... just think there are a fair few very modded F's out there..

·
Registered
758 Posts
I like it, i like even more that it's found it's way into the possession of someone who is obviously very pleased and enthusiastic about owning it :respect: I hope i get the chance to see it one day soon :broon:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts