MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 53 ZT-T with 25k on the clock, imagine my surprise when at the weekend I found the side bolster of the drivers seat is already wearing away. The leather is being rubbed away leaving exposed material which I'm assuming is going to wear away even quicker. It's been traced to the difference in driving positions between myself and my wife, there's a foot difference between us in terms of height, she sits close the wheel, I sit further away. It's a situation we can't get round, it's just one of those things, but I can't believe I'm the only person to be suffering with this problem on the seats.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any advice for patching it up?

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
2,237 Posts
studs on the rear pocket of jeans cause this or did on mine , adopte the shirt out post when getting in and out of car lol !!

thats if same as mine !!

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
36 Posts
Yes, my 75 Contemporary Se, which has the sports seats, has worn leather on the door side of the driver`s seat, I guess the extra bolster size over the standard/original 75 seats means it gets caught more often by trouser or belt metal work when getting in.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yes mate, from brand new.

Ir was about to be replaced but MGR went under :-(

The wifes MG ZR seats wore through after 15 months with 3,000 miles on the clock.

And before anyone asks we DO look after our cars!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My drivers seat on my 53 zt-t was worn thru after 65k i've replaced mine with alcantara trim bought of ebay i now use a seat cover when at work to try and stop it happening again

·
Registered
430 Posts
I used to have a Supra which had the same problem. I learnt how to enter/exit the car so as not to rub the bolster.

Result is 49k and no wear on my seats.

AL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts