MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had my MG TF 160 for about 3 weeks and have noticed it has a bad leak on the drivers side door coming from the top of the hood and running down the inside of the window and over the front door speakers.

If I put my head on the window and look up. I see a small hole at the top towards the front of the window and if while its raining I press the seal it stops a little bit and starts again :(.

I have seen this:

http://www.mgf-tf-central.co.uk/tt-leaks.htm

but I don't know what to look for?. I have noticed that the window seal is slightly rough towards the top of the window.

I have a repair docket from the last owner for a replacement hood seal dated 10/03/2006.

Any advice as to what to do/look for?.

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I tried something simular the other day. I put the window down and pressing the seal while also letting the window go up to try and block the gap to it. Still was letting water in though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
sounds very similar to the problems I've been having.

I solved mine by adjusting the tensioners in the hood clips. Mine needed to be tightened so to bring the seal down a little thus closing the small gap.

It's very easy to adjust, just open the hood catch and you'll see a central bolt with a clip over it. Flip the clip back and you can hand twist the long nut. dont go mad, just a half turn on each side at a time and then refit the clip, lock down the roof and see if the hole has gone. Rinse and repeat until you have just enough tension.

Failing that, you can do the other thing I did which was to order a Storm Hood Cover from Mike Satur and have the added peace of mind for when it really chucks it down. Works a treat and only cost £40.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the "Sunmate" cover from Mike on ebay, but have found that its still leaking believe it not?. When I take the cover off I have a wet patch covering the front of the hood and when I got inside it the other day the drivers side seat was damp and wet my arse lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts