MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now the driver footwell in our TF has been 'damp' but as the carpet is backed with 1/2" sponge it is very hard to dry out. I didn't know if it was due to a 'one off hood down soaking' or a leak.

Anyway - having read some of the posts on here I pulled back the carpet as far a possible and arranged for the garden hose to apply some water to the windscreen.

Eureka - water was coming into footwell around the 2" x 1" hole in the bulkhead just above where the steering column goes through. This hole is fitted with a plastic 'bung' which when removed and examined had a kink in larger outer rim due to it fouling on the bolt and bracket for the brake mechanism.

The fix - I refitted the plastic bung - with the larger rim now being on the inside - tested it with the hose directly on the bulkhead and all's now OK.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmm, will have to look at mine as my drivers side is also damp and i thought it could be from a one off, will give that a check, cheers mate!

James

·
Registered
rover_75
3 Posts
Hi, I have a similar problem. water is leaking in through the hole where the steering colum is. The rubber seals had moved!! Put them back in place, but water is still comin in. Does any one have any ideas on how to solve this one?

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
WOW EPIC 6 YEAR OLD THREAD FROM THE DEAD ! :petevick:

Welcome to the forum Ace, hope you fix it pal ! :broon:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts