MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a puncture at the weekend and on removing my spare wheel, I noticed there was water in my spare wheel well.
Does anyone know of this and how to sort it ?
Im guessing its maybe the boot seal or something !
Can anyone help ??

·
Registered
325 Posts
Does your rear windscreen washer work?

Could it be washer fluid?

If so, you have to unblock your washer tube.

·
Registered
rover_25
188 Posts
leaks

Hi, I got a puncture at the weekend and on removing my spare wheel, I noticed there was water in my spare wheel well.
Does anyone know of this and how to sort it ?
Im guessing its maybe the boot seal or something !
Can anyone help ??
i have had this problem once before and i found that the spoiler on the boot door was leaking ,i only found this by taking off the plastic trim on the door and poured some water over the spoiler,it was tricky to find,because with the plastic trim in place the water would run around the sides of the door and make the leak to appear somewhere else

·
Registered
rover_25
188 Posts
leak

Does your rear windscreen washer work?

Could it be washer fluid?

If so, you have to unblock your washer tube.
make sure that you use the washer additives i.e. the blue coloured screen wash it will then make it a bit easier to trace the leak since the water in the boot should be of that colour

·
Registered
mg_zr
218 Posts
Hi,
I had exactly the same problem. Found the spare tyre well half full up with water! The problem turned out to be the sunroof drain pipe which exits the car behind the carpet on the nearside of the boot area. This is held into the side panel by a moulded grommet on the pipe and these grommets have a knack of just falling out, then every time it rains the sunroof drains into your boot! Pull out the pipe and grommet and thoroughly clean the hole in the body then apply loads of silicon sealant (bathroom stuff works well) then shove the grommet back in the hole, this should cure the problem. I only noticed where the leak was coming from because of a tell tale drying stain from this part of thr boot area.
Hope this helps!
remove carpets in boot area,sprinkle talk near seems give it a hosein around rear light clusters seals may have worn.if all else fails drill a few 5 mm holes in boot,stops condensation and smells
get busy paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I've got the same problem but don't understand exactly what you mean pault100? Is there any chance of a few pics to show what you mean please?

I'm fedup with coming to a stop and hearing the sound of a waterpark in the boot!

Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts