MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sort of problems should I be experiencing if my wastegate linkage looks like this?

And more importantly now I've spotted it how do i put it right? lmao.

·
Registered
rover_600
660 Posts
if it were like that i would say that you wouldnt get any boost and a serious lake in performance!

just reatach it and get a new clip so it wont happen again!

cheers

star

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i re-attached it (after a big fight, I'm such a weakling lol) what size circlip do i need and where can I get one?

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Yup as said above. if the wastegate is open then you get no or very low levels of boost and so carp perforamance. Pop the actuator back on and find a circlip to fit it.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Yup as said above. if the wastegate is open then you get no or very low levels of boost and so carp perforamance. Pop the actuator back on and find a circlip to fit it.
I had exactly the same problem with my old R25, the actuator came off the linkage.

I initially thought the worse, being a intercooler hose split. I had naff all performance, and felt like the end of the engine!!

Bought a circlip (not sure on size, it just looked about right when i bought it), and fitted it, not had a problem since.

To re-fit, i undid the adjuster and slipped it over the link. I then wound it back up to the required setting, as i only barely moved the lock nut.

The circlip cost me 15p, for something no bigger than a 5p!!!

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, this all explains the cars **** poor performance:

At low revs the MAF was gone so it was slow as, and the wastegate was permanantly open so thats why it never revved over 4000 RPM.

I've fitted the MAF just now as well as re-connect the linkage so hopefully it will be a different animal now :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts