MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be a strange question but my manual says I need to use washer fluid grade ZY-VIII, I have Googled this grade but I couldn't find anything. Does anybody know of any washer fluids that are this grade?

I don't want to invalidate my warranty by using an unsuitable washer fluid, which invalidates my warranty if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
MG dealer Brown and Gammons sell Holts screen wash and are likely to use it in their servicing so if you stick with this or similar then there shouldn't be any warranty issues:

I personally have gone for Prestone Extreme Performance Screen Wash:

Cheers..

·
Registered
rover_600
97 Posts
It is a strange question! The type of screen wash you use in your car is dependant on the average outside air temperature in the winter, in the country that you will be using your car.
90% of all screen wash sold in the UK is good if used undiluted for temperatures down to -5 degrees centigrade. Not much use if you live in the North of Scotland where the temperature regularly drops below -12 degrees.
The wash recommended and sold by the MG dealer would as much use as using just water
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts