1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rover 45 02 plate
Can any one advise me on a problem i have,
I was undergoing warranty work on my rover 45 and i get a phone call from Horners saying that all warranty work be suspended as of last friday, is there anything i can do as my gearbox is a bit f***ed, i appreciate that Rover MIGHT be going into administration but........ any how thanks if you reply

·
Registered
783 Posts
The car should be covered by Horner's own insurance-backed warranty so you will probably be Ok. There are lots of threads on this subject. Maybe the mods could merge them into one sticky?

·
Registered
rover_45
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bin on the phone to Horners and because they haven't invoiced the gear box and the work that they can not carry on with the work as they do not know if they are going to get paid or not :(

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
Prefectly correct. They're following the Administrators advice... you'll have to "wait and see" I'm afraid....

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
selwonk said:
The car should be covered by Horner's own insurance-backed warranty so you will probably be Ok. There are lots of threads on this subject. Maybe the mods could merge them into one sticky?
Agreed - but it does depend on whose warranty it is....

Who underwrites it?

·
Registered
rover_45
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a good question, i don't know anything about statutory rights!!!(the warranty was the manufacturers warrenty thats all i know)

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
Manufacturers warrenty doesn't cover you if the manufacturer goes bust.... as MGR's appears (like most) not to be backed up by an Insurance company...

·
Registered
rover_45
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
looks like i will be gettin the old spanners out then ;), will have to clean them though as this is the first Rover i have had that has had a problem (well apart from the metro i had, the hydro suspension was a bit dodgy).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts