MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rely on my car and have had a few problems in the past.
Paid £600 for injectors repair, recently broke down again but this time the fix was free.

Current problems, the fan at the front for the aircon needs replacing (dont use aircon unless moving quickly), heard a little bit of groaning from the clutch, mileage 60k.

Now i know i can buy a fan and do the fix myself for about £99 of ebay, the clutch is a big time consuming job if and (big if) it goes costly to repair even if i do it myself!

i can buy a warranty for around £400 for the year and then this should cover the failings

what do you thinks guys?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Before you spend money on a new air con fan ZTTboy, have you checked that the problem is not just a blown relay.
That was the problem with mine recently and was fixed for a couple of quid.
Just a thought!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fan Motor

lates said:
I know the RAC warranty covers the fan. Have one booked in mi
d July for warranty repairs.[/quoteHi, I can confirm Lates thread, the fan motor is covered by the RAC Warranty,it is my car that is booked in with him for July(speak to you soon Lates. Gary )

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Womble said:
Not sure if a warranty would cover the clutch would it? Aren't clutches classified as consumable components?
Only if it failed (broke) or was contaminated with oil/fluid from a covered (failed) component.

They're a slippery lot these warranty people.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts