MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some problems with getting my MG dealer to replace my factory fitted CD changer on my MG ZT T, which went belly up a couple of weeks ago. I was under the impression that the CD changer would be covered, they are telling me its not. Could anyone shed any light on this issue please?

Is there any paper work that lists the parts covered under the warranty?

Many thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MLC said:
Don't take no for an answer. I had the same answer when my stereo controls wouldn't work. Threaten to report them to MG. IT IS covered for three years.
Who at MG wold I take this to if I needed too, is the warranty an MG ownbrand or a thrid party off the shelf option?

Also has anyone tried to extend their warranty beyond the three year period, can it be done and how much would it costs???

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
it can be done, ask at your dealer they should give you a leaflet with the number to ring etc. Costs around £300 for a year i think, can be renewed so long as your car is under 5 years old or done less than 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
MLC said:
Don't take no for an answer. I had the same answer when my stereo controls wouldn't work. Threaten to report them to MG. IT IS covered for three years.
Yeah, I've been in the same position before now, but in my case they we'ren't going to do anything because I'd changed the stereo to another Kenwood, and becuase "its an MP3 player" they refused to touch it. Had it been the original unit, they would have covered it. So the tape player's going back in to get it fixed. But then again, as I've sold the ZT :sad2: this week, it looks like its going to stay broken!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll have some useful amo. to defend my corner. Still it would be useful if anyone's got a link to the warranty detailing whats covered?

Many thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
JayK said:
Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll have some useful amo. to defend my corner. Still it would be useful if anyone's got a link to the warranty detailing whats covered?

Many thanks
There's a section in your handbook, however, an exhaustive list doesn't exist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.