MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here used warrantydirect.co.uk ?

Looking to get basic warranty on my ZT, been quoted £17 a month for a 53 plate with 14k on the clock.

Sound reasonable?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,175 Posts
I am with WD, the only time I have claimed was a few weeks ago when I needed a new rear caliper and refused to pay due to the problem being due to 'corrosion' although they never looked at it.

However I have just done a deal with them on the policy renewal that has effectively paid for the caliper.

My tip is that they probably have given you a month life on the quote, if you sit on it until the end of that month you will probably have them phoning you with a better offer.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am with WD, the only time I have claimed was a few weeks ago when I needed a new rear caliper and refused to pay due to the problem being due to 'corrosion' although they never looked at it.

However I have just done a deal with them on the policy renewal that has effectively paid for the caliper.

My tip is that they probably have given you a month life on the quote, if you sit on it until the end of that month you will probably have them phoning you with a better offer.
Cheers Chris,

Yep they sound just like an insurance company.

I will go with them, just got their quote, but will let them stew a bit.

I will tell them I am also thinking about getting my partner's car covered with them, but will hold back on hers and see what they are like when/if I need to make a claim.

Let me know if you have anymore dealings with them please Chris. Good or bad.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
If you do a search on here, I know quite a few members have had a run in with WD.

I guess its the same in any industry though, you only hear from the rowdy minority who have experienced difficulty, rather than the countless smooth transactions of the many that had a good experience with them. Although if you do ever have a problem with them... here is their email address....
complaints@warrantydirect.co.uk

I think as long as you do your homework and ask them to see a copy of the t&c's before you shell out either online or via email (make sure you read them!) You should be fine.. but the proof of the pudding and all that..is when it comes to claiming....

Good luck

Sean

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you do a search on here, I know quite a few members have had a run in with WD.

I guess its the same in any industry though, you only hear from the rowdy minority who have experienced difficulty, rather than the countless smooth transactions of the many that had a good experience with them. Although if you do ever have a problem with them... here is their email address....
complaints@warrantydirect.co.uk

I think as long as you do your homework and ask them to see a copy of the t&c's before you shell out either online or via email (make sure you read them!) You should be fine.. but the proof of the pudding and all that..is when it comes to claiming....

Good luck

Sean
Thanks Sean, yeah same old story, but what can we do, until we come to claim.

I'll pay me money and take me chance.

I can't be going wrong with a 14K car, even if it is over 3 years old

I'll keep the group updated with what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts