MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If MG-R go under what would happen to all our warranty issues?? Would support for the cars just stop?

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
I am very worried. My TF has just suffered HGF. It's in the dealers in bits supposedly being done under warranty. Will I have to pay? And of course the residual value is now gone as nobody will want to buy it.

Bad news for the workers, the owners, dealers and the country

·
Registered
430 Posts
I thought it was a dealer warranty for years 2&3 anyway. Presumably this will be okay?

External warrantys are available for about £300 per year (eg. warranty-direct) so financially not a total disaster.

For me it probably means I will keep the car until the wheels drop off in 15 years time ..... which is no bad thing.

AL

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just got off the phone to my dealer & they have told me that they will no longer do any warranty work untill further notice.
They have the part in for me but can't fit it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The Grim Reaper said:
Just got off the phone to my dealer & they have told me that they will no longer do any warranty work untill further notice.
Now, that really is bad news...

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Just spoken to my dealer and he has said that my car will be fixed under warranty (assuming they can get the parts) but can't comment on future warranty.
He said that he can't comment, but that the information he has from MGR is different to that being presented on the news. I gues we can only hope.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Yeah i wouldn't have thought there'd be too much to worry about on the warranty side, if you are worried or if warranties do get dropped then you could always buy a third party one. Dixons do a very good one @ £300 which covers the full manufacturers warranty, with breakdown cover, hire car allowance, accomodation (if you are unable to get home that night) etc. Other companies offer similar warranties.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I spoke to my dealer this morning, Whitehouse in Dartford. They have been told my MG Rover that it is business as usual.

Therefore, all warranty work will be honoured. From their understanding, warranty issues and work have been ringfenced in any case, so even if MG Rover do go out of business, the work will still be done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i must admit im really worried now ive only had my zed 7 mths and my main concern is the warranty.Im in two minds do i or dont i sell,as much as i like the car ive gotta think of whats best.
thanks for your time

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
The Dealer won't do it without Payment, and if MGR won't pay them, they won't do it.

If you're really worried, as if MGR have already paid for the parts. If so pay for the Labour yourself, and they should allow you to have the parts....

·
Registered
545 Posts
The Grim Reaper said:
Not so with my dealer. Warranty work will be carried out as booked next Monday:minxy:

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
selwonk said:
Does anybody know if the warranty is underwritten by a third party company?
I thought it was all in-house?

3rd party warranties aren't as good as a manufacturer one....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts