MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously as I loyal Rover buyer I do really hope that Rover can come out of this in some shape. However, I do have a couple of questions in case the worst happens.

Warranties:

What happens to these? My memory tells me that a fund is put in place to guarantee warranties. Is this right?

Parts:

theses cars have been made for some years now, so you would expects parts still to be available for many years?

thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
You can still get parts for the old Mini, Hillman Imps, Triumphs, MGB's.... it won't be an issue as this is profit for the parts makers!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just got off the phone to my dealer about some warranty work i need to have done.
The part came in the other day(called me at work) now the bad news they can no longer do warranty work.Very sorry etc & they will keep me informed BUT as of now NO WARRANTY WORK.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
As far as I am aware the Phoenix dealerships are a profitable division of PVH and are not directly linked to the MG Rover Group.

It may be worth contacting your nearest Phoenix dealership in regards to any Warranty issues.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Have just added an extended warranty to my TF, my 3 year manufacturers warranty has just expired, have just spoken to MGR who say the warranty extension is with the dealer and therefore stands, unless the dealer goes bust. i.e it's just an insurance policy with a warranty company(MGR approved)

G

·
The Grim Reaper said:
Just got off the phone to my dealer about some warranty work i need to have done.
The part came in the other day(called me at work) now the bad news they can no longer do warranty work.Very sorry etc & they will keep me informed BUT as of now NO WARRANTY WORK.
Just spoken to MG Rover - all warranty work is still valid as the company is still trading as normal and some production has restarted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts