MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that a lot of people were stung by lack of dealer support when MG-Rover went bump do you think these loyal customers would rush back to buying another MG branded car?

My dads 25 lost so much money on the employee scheme it dropped below the final settlement value when he came to change cars. Would people in this same situation rush back into buying another MG??

Thats 2 potential markets alienated so who else is left to buy the cars?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
I guess part of it would depend on whether you have had to spend out on something that may have been covered by the warranty.

Our ZS will be 3 years old soon and it has not had anything go wrong. We do have a warranty that was dealer supplied, but its the future position of any car company as opposed to its past that you need to be concerned about.

You can count out a few big manufacturers if you want guarantees they will be around in 3 years or more. Just look at the state Ford is in at the moment.

Toyota, Hyundai/Kia, Honda, Nissan/Renault seem to be fairly secure, but lots of others are not in as strong a financial position.

I also know of a few other small cars which have fallen below final settlement values on finance schemes in recent years and they aren't former MGR cars.

My sister is buying a Fiesta at the moment from someone where this is the case. They hold their value about as well as a 25 does. Bargain for her, bad news for the person who bought it new.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,915 Posts
Given that a lot of people were stung by lack of dealer support when MG-Rover went bump do you think these loyal customers would rush back to buying another MG branded car?

My dads 25 lost so much money on the employee scheme it dropped below the final settlement value when he came to change cars. Would people in this same situation rush back into buying another MG??

Thats 2 potential markets alienated so who else is left to buy the cars?
Listening to other car consumers, that is not something that only happens to MG or Rover cars. It happens to many others.

I would and will certainly buy another MG branded car .... but, one of those made prior to April 2005. The far eastern versions have little or no appeal for me at present.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts