MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the Warning Triangle designed to fit in the tailgate of a R75 Touring or ZT-T is the same as the one designed for BMW tourers?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Alternatively, I just got one from Halfords on offer for £9.99. Throw away the plastic case it comes in, and the actual triangle fits fine in the recess.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, I saw the one in the shop, but I was being a tightwad and scoffed at the delivery charge (£6), thought £20 for a warning triangle was a bit steep.

Womble, great idea. Second time our paths have crossed this week and you've been a mind full of useful information, as are many others on this forum, cheers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
bubble_clone said:
thanks guys, I saw the one in the shop, but I was being a tightwad and scoffed at the delivery charge (£6), thought £20 for a warning triangle was a bit steep.

Womble, great idea. Second time our paths have crossed this week and you've been a mind full of useful information, as are many others on this forum, cheers.
Thanks! Nice to know that it's not all one way traffic given the amount of help I've been getting :bgrin2:

BTW, if you do get the halfords one, you might find it doesn't fit at the first attempt. I found that if you put it in one way up it fits, but other way it doesn't. Just go with trial and error!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
549 Posts
I got an RAC warning triangle from ASDA for about £3, chucked the case, fits in the tailgate fine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
At least the forum shop version actually fits to the underside of the saloon boot. You Tourer guys might be sorted for a tenner but us poor saloon owners don't have that option.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Answer to my original question is yes, the BMW warning triangle does fit the in the space in the tailgate of the ZT and 75 tourers. Picked one up off of ebay for £6 delivered, fits in the tailgate without having to throw the case away.

Sorted.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
What a pesimistic bunch :naughty:

Be positive you don't need a triangle because you are not going to break down are you (1.8 owners excepted of course ;)) ?

Or is it for when you do the knight in shining armour bit and stop to help someone else?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Keith Alexander said:

Be positive you don't need a triangle because you are not going to break down are you (1.8 owners excepted of course ;)) ?

Or is it for when you do the knight in shining armour bit and stop to help someone else?
Question is ..... do 2 fit in ? Legal requirement if you travel to Spain and I understand they do randomly check UK cars. Perhaps at £3 the Asda one is thin enough to get 2 in. Probably ok unless there is a strong wind ! ! (have to carry a yellow jacket, & I think a first aid kit, as well in Spain and bet that all don't go in as well ! ! Perhaps the new model ! ! will have a Megane type 'rump' to provide the extra space for Spanish buyers ! !

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Keith Alexander said:

Bet they're all going on holiday Keith - you need a warning triangle by law in many EU countries (not that I've ever known anyone to check mind)

I like the idea of the £3 warning triangle iga - that'll do the job nicely :)

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Rob Bell said:
Bet they're all going on holiday Keith - you need a warning triangle by law in many EU countries
Heck I forgot about foreign parts, coo I wonder if I need one to go to the Isle of Sheppey.

Seriously though does that apply to Ireland as well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts