MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a good condition, preferrably sub 120k mile Rover 820 Vitesse Turbo Coupe in a decent colour if anyone one has one for sale or knows of one. Cash waiting! PM me if you know of any!! No 827 coupes or any saloons thanks!

Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gibbster

Thanks very much for the info! I managed to get the second one you found (white gold) as the high bidder was another one of these idiots from Singapore who bid and obviously don't pay or will pay but only with stolen cheques!!

Anyway, its in great condition (idle is a bit high tho...any ideas?) but otherwise almost mint, so thanks again for finding it!

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
533 Posts
Matt, you are entirely welcome - I'm a true ebay addict so posting a few links quickly was no touble at all :)

Can I just say "That is a whole load of car for the money!!"

Not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but the high idle could be
(i) over-fuelling
(ii) dodgy thermostat causing the above
(iii) sticky throttle cable....?

To be honest I'm just clutching at straws though :)

PS. Is the one you got a turbo? Didn't say so in the auction description.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
My vote goes for the thermostat. Could also be the ECU.

I'd love a Vitesse Turbo Coupe. Talk about stealth car! Mind the torque steer though :scary: :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
OH YES - She's a turbo alright!!! My god - HOW FAST?!

The idle seems to be ok now after a good belt down the M40 but going back to what you were saying about the thermostat, the temp gauge doesnt get more than a quarter of the way up the scale - so perhaps it is a bit dodgy?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve said:
My vote goes for the thermostat. Could also be the ECU.

I'd love a Vitesse Turbo Coupe. Talk about stealth car! Mind the torque steer though :scary: :)
Hi Steve,

Yes, she's a lot of motor for the cash! Almost mint too! No supermarket battle scars or anything! Mint interior too! Am very pleased. Torque steer is a bit fierce on acceleration, esp. with the crap weather at the mo!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts