MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone got or know of a used Rover R860 head unit, cd changer, and harness to update the aging "wireless" in my 400?

Open to similar systems of a lower model number or from a different car (i.e. 45, 200 or whatever). Must be possible to retain steering control and not require a different display.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cjwburley said:
How much have you got to spend?
Do you have an R860?

Well for an old R860 it would want to be reasonable (but would still give a fair price), especially considering exchange rate, delivery etc.

Could go O.T.T. on a new expensive hi tech system, but beyond a certain point I am not too into music.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Funny Bones said:
Hi,

Anyone got or know of a used Rover R860 head unit, cd changer, and harness to update the aging "wireless" in my 400?

Open to similar systems of a lower model number or from a different car (i.e. 45, 200 or whatever). Must be possible to retain steering control and not require a different display.

Thanks
I have an R860 without code :( (code available online for a little cost)

I also have a fully working Philips RC026 CD Changer and lead to connect.

any good?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Pretty sure mine is the R860.

Have an extra long connection lead so I could mount my CD Changer in the boot - from memory I think its about 8 to 10 foot long.

The CD changer is a Rover part 6 disk changer

It's installed in my car at present, all working fine with the steering controls etc. Considering selling as the car is due to be sold soon. All dependent on the price you have in mind though . . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
G13SJC said:
I have an R860 without code :( (code available online for a little cost)

I also have a fully working Philips RC026 CD Changer and lead to connect.

any good?
How come you don't have the code?
Where on line could the code be sourced?
What sort of money did you have in mind?
Edited: What car did it come from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cjwburley said:
Pretty sure mine is the R860.

Have an extra long connection lead so I could mount my CD Changer in the boot - from memory I think its about 8 to 10 foot long.

The CD changer is a Rover part 6 disk changer

It's installed in my car at present, all working fine with the steering controls etc. Considering selling as the car is due to be sold soon. All dependent on the price you have in mind though . . . .
How old? 1999?
If you are including the R860 headunit (which I need) the number would be on the front.
Not sure if digitial display is same as in 400, will have to look into that.
Normally seller proposes the price!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Funny Bones said:
How come you don't have the code?
Where on line could the code be sourced?
What sort of money did you have in mind?
Edited: What car did it come from?
Came out of a car at a breakers yard.

There are lots of online places. I typed in the serial number and there are a lot of companies that will supply the code for about £6.99.

CD player is boxed and has all the leads/screws/magazine/cable/instructions to hook up to the R860. Was looking for about £60.


Came out of a 400 - cant remember the age
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G13SJC said:
Came out of a car at a breakers yard.

There are lots of online places. I typed in the serial number and there are a lot of companies that will supply the code for about £6.99.

CD player is boxed and has all the leads/screws/magazine/cable/instructions to hook up to the R860. Was looking for about £60.


Came out of a 400 - cant remember the age
Interested. But difficult to confirm working without code.

Can I have a url re code:

How is the cd boxed from a scrap vehicle? The headunit is scrap and the cd is new? 60 for headunit AND changer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Funny Bones said:
Interested. But difficult to confirm working without code.

Can I have a url re code:

How is the cd boxed from a scrap vehicle? The headunit is scrap and the cd is new? 60 for headunit AND changer?

You ask a lot of questions!!

The head unit is from a damaged vehicle. - I didnt take the clock unit, so cant enter a code.

The CD unit is new and boxed - cost £170 new and were £350 from dealer.

Url:- http://www.car-radio-code.com/

I have supplied several members of the forum with Audio gear - im always changing as im into technology. If you want to ask independant advice i can list a few members you can PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G13SJC said:
You can have the head unit for free if you buy the cd changer.
I have an old R770. I don't know if it is working, it was given to me as a donor to replace some 760 broken buttons, but is probably ok. It may drive the R860 changer anyway, will know soon.

How do you propose to effect payment & transfer? Do you actually run a garage/shop/scrapyard or something?

Do Consignia/Royal Mail offer a C.O.D service? If so, no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Funny Bones said:
I have an old R770. I don't know if it is working, it was given to me as a donor to replace some 760 broken buttons, but is probably ok. It may drive the R860 changer anyway, will know soon.

How do you propose to effect payment & transfer? Do you actually run a garage/shop/scrapyard or something?

Do Consignia/Royal Mail offer a C.O.D service? If so, no problem.
R770 will indeed drive the CD changer.

Where are you based? I have posted CD Changers before. I dont run a shop, just a bit of a hoarder when it comes to audio. Started with a R950 and DC082 setup, then went alpine (now sold) and then went back along the Philips route with a sat nav head unit and 6 disc multichanger.

As it happens, i'm off on my holidays tommorow (perks of being a teacher), so will be away until Sunday 4th June.

If your local (ish) I would prefer to show working (as i have done with other members)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top