MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new or rarely (used) throttle body for a p reg 214 Si 16v. Must be alloy or alluminium. Ideally under £100 for the 52mm and around £60 for the 48mm, but depending on condition!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He he, and the reason for upgrading is to get rid of the sticking problem with the plastic TB. So thanks for the offer but NO CHANCE mate!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
One for sale from alt (52mm) for around £100 IIRC.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, seen his offer too. Currently biding for a 48mm on ebay, price at £50 at the mo, see how that goes cuz a 52mm won't be that more effect on a 1.4 as a 48mm could do just as good.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and what are the prices like for a brand new 48mm, aluminium or alloy off Rover or other parts dealers...?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a mint 48mm aluminium throttle body from my ZR that has only covered two and a half thou miles. It looks just like brand new

£45 posted in mainland UK if you want it mate. PM if you do. I can take PayPal or whatever

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
Can I ask why you want these - is it because you have a plastic one? Check Ebay if you are happy with getting a 48mm one as they shouldn't be too dear.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx for the offer dribeby, but im still bidding on a 48mm on ebay, price is £51 at the mo, see how that ends up then i may take you up on your offer!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My max bid is £55, does suppose its that bad as the TB looks hardly used. Me being who i am, i like buying things new. But if i fail on the ebay one then i will take up Driveby's offer or ask if anyone else has a spare one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts