MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls, need abit of help what are the best mods for my tf 135 to up the bhp that won't brake the bank.
anyone know someone who makes bodykits I want something made up?

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
If your 135 is currently standard, then start by looking at changing the air flows in and out to start with, i.e air intake and exhaust.

Depending on your bank balance, try a trip to www.dvapower.com :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
Depends on what you want? Noise or more bhp? There are many takes on both - you're best searching this forum for the things others have said about different combinations -althought there is no definite answer.

Take a look here to start with: http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/

Edit: Lets just say, I'm sticking with my existing panel filter (recommended for TF's as there is no evidence to prove an airbox gives more bhp) and will eventually get a Daytona exhaust from Mike Satur)

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,125 Posts
The 135 is producing just about all the BHP it can without expensive mods to the engine, an exhaust my find an extra few BHP. A relatively cheep bang for your £ is a NOS.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
When it comes to air in take for the TF the standard system is pretty good, however the best improvement you can do is to get cold air rather than the hot air that the surrent system sucks in.

I wold therefore recomment a cold air induction kit that takes air from the N/S air in take.

as far as exhaust is concerned *coughs* DAYTONA!!! *coughs* is my slightly biased opinion for a silencer at least. If you wanna go the whole hog then invest in a 4-2-1 manifold and stainless steel downpipe and sports CAT. this can cost upwards of a grand though so a pocket burner!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts