MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a walnut handbrake grip from you but has no instrucitons or adhesive. I have asked about this via e-mail and was told that none of them come with instrucitons or adhesive.

Howver, I read on a thread somewhere that you need to put the supplied glue on the metal shaft prior to twisting the grip on. If this is not the case, how does the walnut grip stay on? I notice my current standard grip is loose as I assumed the glue seal had broken.

Look forward to some advice.

David

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Dawi,

if you pm me your email I'll send you an electronic copy of the official MGR instruction sheet taken from the workshop manual. I'm surprised they don't now supply them with the item-the one I bought 2 years ago came with a set.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do Mike. Did you get glue with it as well? If so what kind was it so that I can try and buy some.

Thanks, David

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
dawi said:
Will do Mike. Did you get glue with it as well? If so what kind was it so that I can try and buy some.

Thanks, David
I did get glue but it came in an unidentifiable sachet so can't say what it was.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MikeM said:
I did get glue but it came in an unidentifiable sachet so can't say what it was.

Regards

Mike
OK, might try without glue first then and see how it goes. Maybe they have been redesigned to be a tight fit now without the sticky stuff? Won't be doing it 'till mid-May though as it's part of an anniversary present for my wife as it's her 75 really... I just do all the work on it!

Might try and sneak out there after dark and have a play to see if I can figure it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts