MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My lot are having a run across wales over the weekend of 16th/17th sept like we did last year.

This year we're extending it to a full weekend, doing north wales on saturday and mid to south wales on the sunday.

Was a blinding weekend as photo's show........

Everyones welcome, be it for one day or the full weekend. Guarenteed good time or i'll eat my shoes.

For more info see www.xtremeMGR.com forum in the events section.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMPORTANT!!!!

We've had to postpone the run to Sept 16th/17th weekend due to lack of accomadation and a few personal issues for originally planned weekend.

The run will take the same route, just on the later weekend.

Sorry for any inconvienience, hope to see peeps there :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right the dates have been set, the routes planned and everything sorted.

So here we go.

Day 1 - Saturday 16th Sept

Meet at main carpark Bala (north wales) at 10am. We will be departing at 10.30 on the nose. From there we will follow a similar route to last year snaking our way around snowdonia stopping off at various scenic spots for photo's and rest breaks, etc.......the route will be slightly extended so this year we will finish at Barmouth after taking in some coast roads. We expect to finish mid afternoon (for those travelling home).

Day 2 - Sunday 17th Sept

Meet at main carpark Barmouth at 10am for a 10.30 departure as day 1. Today will be the slightly longer route heading south along the coast before heading back inland skirting around the brecon beacons before finishing up in Brecon later on in the day.

Really not to be missed people, lots of planning has gone into this to build on the sucess of last years event.

If people wish to attend both days, there is plenty of accomadation around the barmouth/porthmadog area. Unfortunately i have not managed to source a hotle/guest house that will take a group booking. But if people wish to book themselves i'm sure a hotel can be found.

Also due to location, i will contact possible attendee's on list to get some mobby numbers so we don;t leave without people. A shame to travel all that way to find we have left.

Ok then peeps who fancies it???

Names time..........

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be stopping in llandrillo just outside of bala.

Its the main car park on the left as you enter bala, theres toilets and stuff.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'll probably do half of the saturday.

would have loved to do the lot but got my engagement party sat night, wonder if the misses would mind if i missed it :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i was in bala august bank holiday whitewater rafting cant do this meet im working saturday and on a xpf meet sunday to drayton manor have a good weekend and post some pics when home

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok here are the two routes......

Day 1 Map 1

Day 1 Map 2 (continuation of map 1)

Day 2 Map 1

Day 2 Map 2

Well hope to see lots of you peeps over the weekend, remember we leave Bala at 10.30 on saturday and Barmouth at 10.30 on the sunday.

Don't be late peeps :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lombard Rally

Hi All

Just found this fantastic sight.

Please let me introduce myself...

...I am Kenny Owen, Clerk of the Course for the Lombard Rally and believe that this is a class way of reaching out to owners of MG's in the UK. I found this site while trying to locate a car for me to go recceing. Therefore, does anyone know for a MG ZT for sale at a reasonable price? I don't want anythig too posh since this car will be built to withstand the rigours of the forest at high speed on times. I will be adding a sump and exhaust guard of course, but the occasional roll may not be out of the question...lol!

In the meantime, may I extend Christmas wishes to everyone.

Kindest regards

Kenny:)
Clerk of the Course MSA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts