MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
If they are 4x100 then yes the older vw such as MK2/3 golf has the same stud pattern as the 200 but check the ofset.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Check which rims you want to use, as a lot of the current VW / Skoda rims are 5 stud, and your Rover will be 4 stud.

I briefly considered some of the current Golf R32 18" mutispoke design wheels for mine, but discovered they were 5 stud.

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
yeah some wheels will fit.

MK2,3 and 4 golfs i think as well as some polos etc. Vauxhall wheels will most likely fit too. Aslong as they aint off a V6 and thus having 5 studs as opposed to four.

Did you know, some MG wheels will fit :dddc:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

MK2,3 and 4 golfs i think as well as some polos etc. Vauxhall wheels will most likely fit too. Aslong as they aint off a V6 and thus having 5 studs as opposed to four.

Yeh i know about the MG wheels but thats been pretty much done. Was really wanting to put on some AUDI A8 18's - not sure of the offset or stud number though! Just want to be different

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
You should be able to fit most 4 stud VW/Audi and Vauxhall rims, same PCD, but do check the offset, but it should not be an issue.

I had some 7x15 Revolutions fitted to my old 216 Rover Vitesse some 10 years ago and they were off my Audi race car and formally were for a Vauxhall, the offset was never an issue.

Nearly all high performance VW/Audis and Vauxhalls will have 5 stud wheel fittings, no 4 studs. Worth considering the guys over on the Vauxhall forums or Calibra who have upped their wheel sizes and use 4 stud wheels. The 20let & V6 Calibra runs 5 studs, so look for red tops that run 4 studs fitments.

·
Registered
919 Posts

corrado - 4 stud
golf mk1 (all), mk2 (all) and mk3 (ex GTI/VR6) - 4 stud
golf 3 GTI/VR6 - 5 stud

dont know about the rest but IIRC most higher end VW and Audis are 5 stud like mentioned above and so wont fit, but try ebay for stud adapters - i.e. there are a lot of mk2 golf gti's running 5 stud porche rims!!

hmm risky:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHEEL-HUB-DRI...17QQihZ008QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmnnnnnn. I think I'm getting my head round it. The guide from eddiebrown is very helpful. So basically I can't fit A8 rims then?? How about Civic Type R ones? I have seen some mail order companies doing hubs to allow VW's to fit Porsche/Merc and Vauxhalls to fit Porsche too - anyone do Rover ones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts