MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put a VVC in to a 120 ZS something like the 160 from a ZR if it is possible what would be needed apart from the engine ?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yes it is possible.

You would beed the wiring loom as well to start with.

·
Registered
mg_6_magnette
502 Posts
im not trying to steer you clear of this because the vvc is a very good engine and some1 please correct me if im wrong but arent the non-vvc models more tuneable (if thats a word lol) than the vvc counterparts, but i think it may be the engine, the loom and possibly the ecu if it cant be mapped

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
im not trying to steer you clear of this because the vvc is a very good engine and some1 please correct me if im wrong but arent the non-vvc models more tuneable (if thats a word lol) than the vvc counterparts, but i think it may be the engine, the loom and possibly the ecu if it cant be mapped
When people say the non VVC are more tuneable what they mean is that you can get more returns as the engine isn't as tuned as a VVC already is. It's harder to tune an already tuned engine than it is an untuned one, that doesn't mean to say you can get more power out of it, but just that it has more potential.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
When people say the non VVC are more tuneable what they mean is that you can get more returns as the engine isn't as tuned as a VVC already is. It's harder to tune an already tuned engine than it is an untuned one, that doesn't mean to say you can get more power out of it, but just that it has more potential.
180 BHP is possible from a VVC with a few mods. It isn't cheap tho, and to go beyond that reliably will require fitting solid cams.

·
Registered
55 Posts
From what i've seen others do it seems if you plan on doing some serious mods the VVC works nicely with supercharger but the non-vvc for turbo :dunno:

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
180 BHP is possible from a VVC with a few mods. It isn't cheap tho, and to go beyond that reliably will require fitting solid cams.
Yeh, but what I'm getting at is that the non VVC are more tunable as there is more to tune whereas there is less to tune on the VVC which has already had a fair bit of tuning already.
Granted there is still power to be had from the VVC engine and it's nowhere near it's full potential in standard form.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Yeh, but what I'm getting at is that the non VVC are more tunable as there is more to tune whereas there is less to tune on the VVC which has already had a fair bit of tuning already.
Granted there is still power to be had from the VVC engine and it's nowhere near it's full potential in standard form.
agree with you there...

I'm just beginning to discover that :)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
No, the Non VVC is not more tuneable.

To get any real power from the Non VVC you would need a decent head as the originl is very restrictive. And which one is best to start with for modifying, yep the VVC head.

Without doing headwork you really won't get far with the non VVC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts