MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Renault are state subsidised why not MGR. MGR are not even asking for that.

I have to say I ask you all not to vote labour in your droves.

The government presiding over 1 million manufacturing job losses since they came to power, the Chinese SAIC and China not Briliant, The people of this country and the BBC have not supported MGR and thats the problem.

So great Great Britain keep gonig down the toilet.

But Tone you ain't getting my vote and as for China. I shalln't buy anything from there again if I can help it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i agree mate but you try buying something not made in far east im in retail it is impossible this country is going down the toilet we cant afford our own prices peter

·
Registered
560 Posts
Why are we blaming the government? As if they are responsible for this mess. Its a fugging PRIVATE COMPANY for fugg's sake.

A PRIVATE COMPANY.

If you are blaming the demise of MG rover entirely on this business of the £100m loan, which is is 'available if there is a deal to be done' then you are a sad case.

·
Registered
838 Posts
On a serious note, if this administration goes ahead, it is seriously going to damage Labours campaign. They cant really raise fears of unemployment under the Tories when they've just presided over lord knows how many peopel losing their jobs during an election.

For a party who's campaign depends almost entirely on the economic message, and who are consistently polled above the conservatives on the economy, this is bad, bad, news.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Christ there's some tossers on here, only people to blame are the P4, for management incompetence.
End of Story. The tory scum would've done even less, don't forget, Thatcher destroyed manufacturing in England.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Lucky guy said:
On a serious note, if this administration goes ahead, it is seriously going to damage Labours campaign. They cant really raise fears of unemployment under the Tories when they've just presided over lord knows how many peopel losing their jobs during an election.

For a party who's campaign depends almost entirely on the economic message, and who are consistently polled above the conservatives on the economy, this is bad, bad, news.
Agreed. Just look how many blinkered idiots on this site are going to 'not vote labour' after this fiasco. Like thats going to help EVERYONE when the flaming tories sidle back in on the back of this MG Rover catastrophe. At least if that happens, the lucky midlands folk will be able to get help from their newly-privatised Job Centres as proposed by M. Howard. YOU PEOPLE WANT TO FUGGING THINK A BIT!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The chinese have messed about for ages if they were serious they'd get on with it they knew things were bad.

The government always make all the right noises. Politicians lovely people most. Given the potential export earner it could have been its so short sited.

It is a private company but deserves help its a big export earner, it keeps people off the benefits and dole register and its good for society thats why it matters and don't fug me mate. It also keeps people in real work not working for Focus or someone shelf filling. This is bloody important for the UK.

And big shame they're lovely cars. Unestimated and derided by so many who haven't tried one in years.

The shame is they put off firming up the deisgn waiting for the 4 door saloon for China to make its mind up, if they'd moved on their own when things weren't so bad they may have had enuf to do at least the 5 door hatch and perhaps that could have bank rolled maybe another version.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh and Thatcher started destroying manufacturing , Major carried on and Blair finished the job. Tory in drag.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I think you misunderstood me. I was merely stating that this news would damage the campaign -I was not stating that Labour are to blame, and I certainly wasnt saying they are entirely blameless either. When I say that Labour are polled above the Tories on the economy, I mean just that -its a public perception, not a fact, and a perception which will now be severely dented.

Personally I dont think that Labour produced a tax and regulatory environment that was very conducive to successful enterprise. Whether the Tories can do any better remains to be seen, but they have stated that they want to reduce bureaucratic machinery and save public money, and that can only be a good thing in my view.

To balance this out, I've not heard anything from the Tories on MGR's future which I find particularly inspiring.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
My vote will still be reserved for Labour on May 5th however I hope Patricia Hewitt will be given her marching orders pretty damn soon.

Personally I feel that the Government has done everything possible to support the proposed Joint Venture from a personal visit by Gordon Brown to a phone call from Tony Blair.

Unfortunately in the end the Chinese got cold feet !

However Hewitt and the DTI have screwed up big time they have pushed MGR into receivership prematurely, hopefully Tony Blair will remove her from office immediately.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both Chinese companies pissed about for ages when MGR could have looked elsewhere. Still not voting for Blair too many manufacturing jobs lost under him. 1 Million apparently and he lost black and decker in his own constituency and he said oh well.

I'm ukip.

·
Registered
560 Posts
delboy said:
The chinese have messed about for ages if they were serious they'd get on with it they knew things were bad.
So the chinese are to blame now are they. You were blmaming the govt a minute ago.

delboy said:
The government always make all the right noises. Politicians lovely people most. Given the potential export earner it could have been its so short sited.

It is a private company but deserves help its a big export earner, it keeps people off the benefits and dole register and its good for society thats why it matters and don't fug me mate. It also keeps people in real work not working for Focus or someone shelf filling. This is bloody important for the UK.

And big shame they're lovely cars. Unestimated and derided by so many who haven't tried one in years.
Agreed, MGR is good for the UK. And the cars are ace, I love 'em.

delboy said:
The shame is they put off firming up the deisgn waiting for the 4 door saloon for China to make its mind up, if they'd moved on their own when things weren't so bad they may have had enuf to do at least the 5 door hatch and perhaps that could have bank rolled maybe another version.
So who's to blame here? The chinese for dragging their heels, or the P4 for not anticipating that better?

Whoever it is, laying the blame for this fiasco at the door of the government is blinkered and stupid.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm blaming the government who don't intevene enuf. The chinese who pissed about, The people of Britian who don't give two hoots about the country, BMW for asset stripping and you for being pedantic. Fact is a brill company has gone down the tubes and all you care about is slagging me off.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
delboy said:
what do you mean?
Well i mean, Rovers (maybe.. maybe not) death is clearly the fault of this government.. the 20 years before that of union rule, tory government, BAE and BMW have nothing whatsoever to do with it!!!

It may not have been handled perfectly by the government (of which the labour party is just a tempory part, its mostly civil servants), but the torys would have done no better.

As much as i love the brand, i have to admit its been dying slowly for years, many years, most well before 1997.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Thatcher did not destroy manufacturing in this country, She saved it.

It was well and truly ****ed by the time she got in power, and the people who ****ed it were the useless weak and interfering Labour governments and the workshy communists running the trade unions for their own vainglorious benefit rather than those of their members.

Thatcher saved what sorry remains there were of the manufacturing industry by getting this country's finances on a stable footing and curtailing the unreasonable power of the unions so that those who actually wanted to work were allowed to do so.

Believe me, if Labour had got back in in 1979 British Leyland / Austin Rover would not have survived the 1980s, never mind lasted until today. There would have been no Honda tie-up, no privatisation of A-R and of Jaguar and the strikes would have carried on for 5 more years.

Every Rover fan should kiss Thatcher's **** for making sure that you still have Jaguar and Land-Rover and that MG Rover lasted as long as it did. It always amazes me that people will keep on voting Labour year after year no matter that every single time they do Labour shaft them over royally and keep them down. And that people too lazy or stupid to find out these things for themselves will blindly accept what prejudices are handed down to them by their parents and peers

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
390 Posts
I am voting conservative, Tony Blair does not care about this country.

As I said in another post Mr Blair should have ordered the police force to only buy British MG Rover cars not BMWs and Volvos! And what about Prince Charles and the Queen going around in Vauxhall Omegas or whatever it is they have now (Audis?) They can take some of the blame for not buying and promoting British cars!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts