MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I keep getting quite a vibration through the floor and to the base of the seat when i approach 90mph and above, it doesnt seem to go through the steering wheel much but mainly the seat. Any ideas what could be causing this as its quite annoying!

cheers in advance.

Rob

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
dont think its got anything to do with traffic cops if you wanna get a ticket go for it. my point was what if you hit soemone else? youll probably kill yourself as well as whoever you crash into! accidents happen

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Sounds just like Andy said - wheel balance; get all 4 done properly. Have you (we won't tell anybody) kerbed a wheel recently and knocked a weight off? Another possible is a brake disk gone out of balance.

Wheels most likely IMO

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i havent kerbed it at all...think i will go get it balanced see if that helps, i heard that a lot of people can get this wrong when dealing with an MGF. Any recommendations on who to take it too?

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Wheel balancing is no problem. Any decent tyre depot should be able to manage it without costing you a new set of wheels.

4 wheel alignment is not really tricky but some places just don't care.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
tvp2005 said:
no i havent kerbed it at all...think i will go get it balanced see if that helps, i heard that a lot of people can get this wrong when dealing with an MGF. Any recommendations on who to take it too?

...there is balancing and there is balancing

http://www.pirelli.co.uk/en_GB/tyre...c_gb.jhtml?s1=4400002&s2=10800002&s3=10800006

...just like to point out... non of the companies are owned by Pirelli, so I'm not breaking any forum rules about advertising (I think/hope :err: )

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
Stuart, your maps on that site are a little mis-leading arnt they. The areas that the red mark indicate are not exactly correct. Since when was the "South Wales" Classed as East ? :eyes:

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
jase said:
Stuart, your maps on that site are a little mis-leading arnt they. The areas that the red mark indicate are not exactly correct. Since when was the "South Wales" Classed as East ? :eyes:

...hey guys... were Italians... lucky you didn't get a street map of Milan to choose from :minxy:

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
petevick said:
amateurs :shake: :dddc:

...Pete... do you wanna wake up with a horses head in your bed ???? do ya, do ya ??? eh eh eh ??? :wtf:

... I don't actually think we have any PPc's in south Wales anyway, so its all a tad academic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts