MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short, the editing feature just doesn't work as it should. Although you can edit many posts younger than 24 hrs old, once you've edited ten posts older than than 24 hrs you get the message ' You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days '. Then editing permissions never seem to reset, and you will be locked out from editing, perhaps forever!

Other VS forums are suffering it as well (see this Civic forum link as one example):

You May Not Edit More Than 10 Different Post in 7 Days!
How come I can edit a reply post but when I try to edit an old post, my original mod thread #1 post, it comes up with this message? pretty sure I haven't edited 10 posts in the last 10 days?
www.civinfo.com
www.civinfo.com

I've been conversing with forum mods over this for over 6 weeks now, but beginning to lose patience. I've been told developers are looking at the problem, but no date can be given for resolution.

Why do I want to edit old posts? Well in the VS migration links in posts were [understandably] broken and need to be remade, and the Photobucket ransom issue means blurred images need re-hosting, if I'm referring back to my old posts.

Re-hosting images has been no problem on the non-VS forums. Whats the point of having forums run by 'professionals' if they are less efficient than the amateur forums?

·
Administrator
cityrover
960 Posts
We are still working on this. Its still with our developers. Its not happening on a consistent basis for all users across all sites.
-Philip

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, any news on this fix? I still can’t edit old posts to repair links after the migration etc.
I notice PB pics are now clear, although inhibited by a banner, is this VS’s doing?

·
Administrator
cityrover
960 Posts
This is still a bug and an error we're working on. Our techs are making some headway but I can't predict what bugs they may run into until it is fixed. We'll let you know as we make progress though.

-Gerrit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts